9700 Wade Blvd,, Frisco Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Professor, Hospitality
Teach assigned workforce courses, including linked courses (credit/non-credit), in accordance with the course syllabus and college policy. Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance in the respective industry. Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when appropriate. Establish professional relationships with respective industry partners to enhance student job and career readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remain current in industry certification, designation, and state license(s) if required.
- Requests classroom and lab supplies as needed by following college procedures.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Provide advice and/or assistance to associate faculty in regard to course content and instructional materials.
- Post and observe a minimum of six office hours per week for purposes of academic advising and student consultation at times which will be most convenient for students. Meet with students as needed by appointment.
- Advise and assist students during the ongoing registration process and as needed to improve program completion and success.
- Actively participate in discipline, division and college-wide task forces and committees for an average of two hours per week.
- Attend scheduled discipline, division and college-wide meetings and participate in official graduation ceremonies and department level recognition events.
- Actively participate in initiatives to maintain college-wide accreditation as well as maintaining standards required for discipline program review, accreditation and/or approval.
- Work with Library staff in the selection of print and non-print materials in the overall collection development of the Library.
- Establish annual objectives mutually determined with the division associate dean or director, including personal and professional growth plans.
- Maintain current knowledge and competence in the appropriate academic or workforce disciplines by engaging in industry networking events, meetings, job site visits, and conferences.
- Participate in program advisory committee meetings.
- Contribute to and participate in staff development programs.
- Participate in community activities and services. >
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the division associate dean, dean, or director.
For Lab Courses:
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized laboratory environment and laboratory storage to optimize facility/equipment utilization and safety.
- Conduct initial troubleshooting measures on equipment and promptly labels and reports all equipment in need of repair. Ensure compliance with warranty requirements as needed and preventative maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
- Provide adequate safety and security measures to ensure student safety and protection of laboratory equipment.
Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or similar discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
Five (5) years of experience in a supervisory, management or leadership position. Teaching experience is desired.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Faculty
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $51,000.00 – 62,895.00 *Salary is contingent upon contract days, education, and experience.*
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email [email protected].
How to apply
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.