Rutgers University- Newark (RU-N), an urban public research university and anchor institution, located in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise is seeking an English Instructor. The Rutgers Future Scholars program seeks dynamic instructors to facilitate weekly courses for our rising 8th-12th grade students participating in our annual pre-college Summer Institute. Instructor responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and facilitate academic courses for middle and high school students;
- Collaborate with colleagues and Curriculum Leaders on course curriculum to enhance student learning and meet program objective;
- Attend on-site training sessions and complete necessary online training modules;
- Assess students based on participation, class performance, assignments and examinations;
- Foster and build appropriate mentoring relationships with students to encourage and support the college-going culture.
Position Status: Part Time
Hours Per Week: 19.5 Mon-Wednesday
This position requires a fully on-site work arrangement. (Approval not required)
Position Salary: $35/hour
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment: Temporary Staff Appointment – Hourly
Minimum Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Requires up to two years relevant experience in an administrative function, good communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Experience in creating differentiated instructional plans and facilitation of Language Arts, Creative Writing, Poetry, Spoken Word and/or Speech courses for high school and/or college students.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in related field, Teaching Certification in Elementary Education or Secondary Education or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience;
- Requires up to two years relevant experience, good communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy;
- Must complete the Protection of Minors Training and background check;
- Must attend Rutgers Future Scholars staff training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Role requires occasional lifting and transportation of classroom supplies;
- Must have access to an appropriate workspace with laptop and internet to facilitate virtual workshops and small group session.
Posting Close Date: 08/06/2023
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-Newark
How to apply
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu