St. Paul, MN
Posting Number: 20190036-FAC
The didactic program in dietetics at St. Catherine University invites applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE) faculty member on a 9 month, Tenure Track contract in the Nutrition and Dietetics Program. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience. St. Catherine University has a rich history in dietetics and nutrition and is adapting to the dynamic nature of the field in innovative ways. The program strives to develop competent, ethical leaders in dietetics who embrace social responsibility, lifelong learning, and professional excellence. The didactic program in dietetics prepares women for supervised practice leading to eligibility for the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) credentialing exam to become a registered dietitian nutritionist.
Responsibilities: The expected candidate must demonstrate a commitment to mission, philosophy, goals, and priorities of the Nutrition and Dietetics Program at St. Catherine University and is expected to have responsibilities in teaching, scholarship, and service. This is a 1.0 FTE position with 6 course loads (24 credits) per academic year.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with program faculty in curriculum development, assessment, and accreditation
- Carry out excellence in teaching and advising with a diverse student population using learner-centered strategies
- Provide prompt, quality feedback and advising to students
- Establish office hours to accommodate student needs
- Attend program events supporting student activities and attend university events including commencement, convocations, faculty meetings, and faculty development events
- Engagement in scholarship and professional development activities to keep current in current areas of content expertise and best practices in teaching
- Participate in service and leadership at the program, department, university, and professional levels
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and eligible for RDN licensure in Minnesota
- Three years teaching and/or practice experience in food service management
- Master’s degree in nutrition or a related field.
- Preferred candidates will have an academic doctoral degree in nutrition or a related field and demonstrated success in working with diverse populations.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.
How to apply
Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to electronically apply. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Attach a cover letter, CV, and a statement of teaching interests. Candidates selected for interview will need to provide three references. Official transcripts and background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Dr. Megan Baumler, Director Nutrition and Dietetics Program at 651-690-6139 or [email protected]. Review of applications will begin December 15 and will continue until the position is filled.
Permanent Link to Posting
Posting Start Date: 11/13/2019
Hiring Manager Name