44160 Scholar Plaza #100, Leesburg, Virginia
The Shenandoah University Division of Physician Assistant Studies is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a 1-year Visiting Assistant Professor faculty position with the option for renewal for a 2nd year. The position is based in Leesburg, VA. This is a visiting position at the rank of Assistant Professor and is a full-time, in-person, fully benefitted, 12-month position reporting directly to the Division Director.
Faculty will serve as a lead instructor in the didactic phase of the program, advise students, and provide service to the program, the institution and the professional community. The anticipated start date for this position is August 2023. Opportunities are provided for professional service to the PA profession and clinical practice. The successful applicant will join a faculty that is committed to inclusion, diversity, and equity.
This position requires skills in the following areas:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively deliver and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to work effectively to resolve conflict
- Ability to effectively engage with students, faculty, staff, and administrative leadership
- Competence in the following software: Microsoft Office, Zoom, Google Suite, Canvas
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program
- Minimum of an earned Master’s Degree
- Minimum of two years of current clinical practice experience
- Current NCCPA certification and eligibility for licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in PA education and/or clinical precepting
- Demonstrated experience with or commitment to working with students, colleagues, and community members from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Two or more years teaching in a university setting
How to apply
Please submit the following as part of a complete application:
- Cover letter addressed to Professor Richard Gilbert
- CV (including contact information for three professional references)
- Teaching philosophy (limit 500 words)
- Diversity statement (limit 200 words; diversity statement should include past experiences and activities, and also future plans to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion)
**Note: A pre-employment background check will be required and a satisfactory driving record may be required as a condition of hire.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical, or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu