Position Category: Faculty
The visiting instructional faculty member shall have the primary responsibility of teaching and shall be held accountable for these obligations as they contribute to the attainment of the mission of the University, the School, and the Department. The position is for one year with the possibility of renewal for a second year at the mutual agreement of the law school and visiting faculty member.
*Juris Doctor (or equivalent degree); *record of strong academic achievement; *experience in the practice of law; and *evidence of potential for effective teaching and scholarly activity.
Campus: Duncan School of Law
Posting Number: F00893P
Job Close Date: 08/31/2023
Open Until Filled: No
About the Institution
Lincoln Memorial University is a values-based learning community dedicated to providing educational experiences in the liberal arts and professional studies. The main campus is located in Harrogate, Tennessee. For more information about employment opportunities, contact the Office of Human Resources at 423-869-7112 or [email protected].
Lincoln Memorial University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action education institution. Lincoln Memorial University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in all University programs and activities.
Background Check Statement
The University will conduct criminal background checks on all employees. Background checks may include but are not limited to confirmation of the individual’s identity, credit information, motor vehicle driving record, review of an individual’s criminal conviction record (if any), verification of any license, and certificate or degree required for the position.
- teach law school courses as assigned
- provide course and classroom conduct as outlined in the Faculty/Staff Policy Manual
- comply with the university Faculty/Staff Policy Manual
- conduct office/conference hours
- submit textbook requests
- comply with announced requirements
- engage in professional development
- promote the mission of Lincoln Memorial University to all faculty, staff, students and to the community at large
- attend department, school and university faculty meetings (optional)
- attend commencement activities
- participate in annual faculty evaluation
- perform other duties as assigned.
LMU’s hiring policies are in accordance with EEO regulations and policies. LMU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu