I am a very motivated and excitable individual capable of assisting students in finding their best direction towards success. As a former business owner, who made the life changing decision to become a full-time student, I truly understand the needs and challenges of all students. During the last nine years as a fulltime student, my appetite for learning has exploded and I now have a clear vision of bringing my experience and knowledge into the classroom. My dedication to education rewarded me the opportunity with four independent study courses with the Department Chair of English at Benedictine University, and a Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing and English with honors from Southern New Hampshire University. I am completing remaining courses in my Master’s program at Southern New Hampshire University. I have dedicated myself to the study of all the aspects of writing, composition, literature, and English and am excited by the intricacies of these things. Having interacted with teachers and students from a variety of backgrounds, my knowledge of various teaching and learning styles, and my life and business experience, academic training, passion to reach all students makes me the perfect candidate for an online or traditional teaching position.
Returning to school as an older student, with a desire to change careers, provides me with a unique perception that will contribute immensely to a student body. In addition to my experience as an older, non-traditional student, I also was a fulltime caregiver for my wife during her struggle with terminal brain cancer while a fulltime graduate student. My rich life experiences, passion for learning and motivation to teach offer an uncommon perspective to students.
- 4 Projects • The Mysterious Origin of Agoraphobia and the Consequences from Therapy and Medications • Symmetries: Its Origins,
- • Copy Editing
- • Creative Writing
- • Consulting
- • Editing Endorsed by Professor John Conner from Southern New Hampshire University.
- • English Literature
- • Fiction Writing
- • Freelance Writing
- • Ghostwriting
- • Literary Theory Endorsed by Professor Dr. Gregory Salyer from Southern New Hampshire University.
- • Management
- • MLA
- • Non Fiction
- • Newspaper Columnist
- • Poetry
- • Proposal Writing
- • Reading
- • Research
- • Short Stories
Southern New Hampshire University
Masters of Arts (M.A.), English Literature
2016 – 2018
(Completion Date fixed for July 8, 2018)
Southern New Hampshire University
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Creative Writing and English
2013 – 2015
2010 – 2013
• Known for excellent research and writing skills, the Department Chair of English offered an Independent Study for four semesters to research and present scholarly papers on topics of her choice.
• Tutored students and classmates in the writing process and aided in creating a well-developed thesis.
Illinois Valley Community College
2009 – 2010
Known as an interactive teaching style that encourages student and classmate participation and enthusiasm, the writing center granted the opportunity in tutoring students and classmates in math, writing, and English.
News and Feature Columnist
IV Leader 2009 – 2010
An independent and self-motivated professional with excellent research and writing skills, I researched and wrote profiles on prominent individual’s, delivering and meeting deadlines for publication.
June 1984 – September 2008 24 yrs. 4 mos.
• Executed all proposal’s, remodeling, concrete, and carpentry work.
• A Master of Euler’s formula for trigonometric identities for structures.
• Highly organized and friendly professional, establishing long-term, positive, and fun relationships with clients, architects, and engineers across the country.
• Detail-oriented and skilled problem-solver, independently or as a team member.
• A confident and concise communicator; able to deliver enthusiastic presentations with clarity and humor to clients and students.
• Clear and direct project manager and consultant for remodeling, high-end homes, Public Library, banks, service station, Hospital, and restaurants.
• Managing, consulting, and constructing ostentatious projects, such as YMCA, Law offices, and custom spec homes.
• Lived and traveled within the United States, where I managed, consulted, and built, complicated structures in Woodstock, Georgia, and Bend, Oregon.
• Innovative, enthusiastic, and uncompromising work ethic, able to bring energy, enthusiasm, and humor to motivate team members and students to achieve potential and meet objectives.
• Committed to motivating students through art, education, and recreation.
• View teaching and learning as a dynamic and interactive process.
• Enthusiastic with excellent oral, written, and electronic communication skills.