ELLAINA D. TANOS
AEP, CFP, ChFC, CTFA, MBA
100 Flagler Lane 704-491-8105
West Palm Beach, Florida 33407 [email protected]
Team Leadership, Senior Management, Directorship & Executive Administration
Highly-admired & well-respected business leader & financial industry expert for over 20 years. Distinguished
& award-winning financial career with a high level of integrity & demonstrated commitment to excellence.
• Comprehensive Wealth Management Planning
• Senior Trust & Fiduciary Specialist
• High-End Sales & Business Development Expert
• Portfolio Management, Finance & Investments
• Private Advisor / Banker & Senior Team Leader
• Excellent Leadership & Management Skills
• Outstanding Communication & Interpersonal Skills
• Accredited Estate Planner Designee
• Certified Financial Planner Licensee
• Chartered Financial Consultant Designee
• Certified Trust & Financial Advisor Designee
• Series 7 & Series 66 Licensee
• Life & Health Insurance Licensee
Independent Wealth Manager & Private Wealth Advisor 9/07 – 3/08; 5/09 – Present
Sr. Trust & Fiduciary Specialist & Business Development Expert Palm Beach, FL & Charlotte, NC
• Consult & advise Family Offices, UHNW/HNW wealth management clients, affluent personal trust & private bank client, & prominent community members.
• Serve as a Sr. Wealth Manager & Family Wealth Advisor, Sr. Trust & Fiduciary Specialist, Sr. Team Leader, Private Banker, Private Client Relationship Manager, Portfolio Manager & Business Development Expert
• Extensive & well-established network of professional, personal & client relationships & strategic COI’s nationwide in all major metropolitan markets. Significant & portable book of business of ultra affluent clientele.
Wealth Manager, Client Advisor & Business Development Expert 4/08 – 5/09
Seaside National Bank & Trust Palm Beach, FL
• Worked with Family Office clients, HNW/UHNW individuals, affluent personal trust clients on bank’s wealth management, lending & private bank platforms
• Established significant commercial, corporate & personal lending opportunities.
• Developed new business wealth management & private banking relationships.
Wealth Manager & Business Development Expert, Vice President 4/06 – 8/07
BNY Mellon Private Wealth WPB, FL
• Responsible for new business development for Mellon Private Wealth Management.
• Member of the leading sales team in the country.
• Established value-added relationships with existing PCG clientele & their families by providing comprehensive wealth management planning services.
• Developed & maintained long-standing working relationships with strategic centers of influence & intermediaries in the South Florida community.
• Provided trusted expert advice & customized creative solutions that exceeded the expectations of existing clientele & qualified prospects.
• Exhibited strong leadership skills, professional perseverance & a high level of expertise & customer service required for successful business development.
Wealth Manager & Relationship Manager & 8/03 – 4/06
Business Development Expert, Vice President
U.S. Bank Private Client Group WPB, Florida
• 2004 Pacesetter Award Winner for 2nd Quarter, Mid-Year, & 4th Quarter
• 2004 Achievement Award Winner
• 2005 Pacesetter Award Winner for 2nd, 3rd & 4th Quarters
• Exceeded Sales Goal for 2004 by 60% & for 2005 by 50%
Wealth Manager, Sr. Trust & Fiduciary Officer, 8/95 – 6/03
Business Development Expert, Vice President
Bank of America Private Wealth Management / Charlotte, NC & Atlanta, GA
Merrill Lynch Trust Company
• Private Bank Center – Private Bank Sales Award Winner – 1997, 1998 & 1999
• Awarded Most Valuable Associate for the Private Bank for year 1999.
• Awarded #1 Merrill Lynch Trust Company office for record revenue production for 2000.
• Awarded #1 Merrill Lynch Trust Company office for new assets under management for year 2000.
• Awarded #1 Merrill Lynch Trust Company office for most new accounts opened for year 2000.
• Responsible for new business development of personal trust & fiduciary services for the Southeast region for BOA Private Bank & Merrill Lynch Trust Company
• Served as Trust Advisor & Fiduciary Specialist to FA’s & Trust Officers.
• Senior team Leader of NationsBank – Barnett Bank Migration Team
• Senior team leader of several department-wide projects & Bank-wide committees.
• Member of Internal & External Quality Teams for new Private Bank initiatives.
• Responsible for Trust administration of approximately 400 fiduciary accounts at the Private Bank.
• Designed & implemented comprehensive Regulation 9 review processes & procedures manual.
• Leader of cross-selling activities & fiduciary training across footprint of Private Bank & Trust Company.
• Provided value-added comprehensive wealth management expertise to FA’s.
• Developed & coordinated the implementation of the “Trust University” initiative training program.
Selected as one of “America’s Best Financial Planners for 2005-2006” by Consumers’ Research Council of America.
Member of the Cambridge Who’s Who of Women Professionals .
Master of Business Administration Major: Finance G.P.A.: 4.0 Villanova University
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major: Finance G.P.A.: 4.0 Villanova University
• The College of Financial Planning – Certified Financial Planner Professional Education Program
• The American College – Chartered Financial Consultant Program
• Cannon Trust School Graduate – Certified Trust & Financial Advisor Program
ACADEMIC AWARDS & HONORS
• Graduated Cum Laude from the College of Commerce & Finance
• Member of Beta Gamma Sigma National Honor Society
• Member of Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
• Member of Gamma Pi National Honor Society
• Dean’s List Recipient for 7 Terms
• Candidate for consideration of the Rhodes Scholarship
• Member of the Outstanding College Students of America Association
• Scholarship Recipient – Order of AHEPA Fraternal Organization – 4 Years
References, Outside Business Interests & Professional Organizations / Associations available upon request.
Groups & Associations
- e.g. ASHEE,