Daytona State College, a comprehensive public college, provides access to a range of flexible programs, from community enrichment to the baccalaureate degree, emphasizing student success, embracing excellence and diversity, as well as fostering innovation to enhance teaching and learning.
Going for the Gold: Strategic Priorities and Initiatives
To fulfill its vision, carry out its mission, and live its values, Daytona State College has established the following strategic priorities and initiatives as the foundation for its future:
ENSURE ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
Offer quality educational programs that meet the academic and non-academic workforce needs of Volusia and Flagler counties and beyond.
- Establish clear, learning-based pathways that link coursework to a range of credentials and careers.
- Implement innovative teaching practices that increase student success.
- Close education attainment gaps among students from diverse backgrounds.
ENHANCE STUDENT SUCCESS
Increase student development and academic support to enhance student performance, engagement and retention.
- Ensure that all students are on a guided academic pathway leading to a credential and a career.
- Track students along their pathway in real time and identify any problems they face in meeting their learning goals.
- Provide targeted academic, social and financial supports to keep students on a pathway to completion.
BUILD COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
Expand and create partnerships with business, community and educational organizations that enhance the college mission and vision.
- Raise the profile of DSC in the community by contributing to meeting community needs and increasing community awareness of the college’s mission and services.
- Develop partnerships that expand and strengthen educational pathways for our students.
- Partner with community organizations and businesses to increase student success, retention and completion.
EMPHASIZE INSTITUTIONAL EFFECTIVENESS
Ensure efficient and effective use of college resources (fiscal, physical, human and technological).
- Leverage organizational resources to advance wide-scale implementation of effective solutions.
- Offer a positive working environment that attracts and retains diverse and talented faculty, staff and administrative leaders whose primary focus is to promote student success.
- Provide a learning and working environment that supports the student success agenda of the college.