The School of Social Work in the College of Health and Human Performance at East Carolina University is seeking applicants for a nine month, full-time, tenure-track faculty position in the School of Social Work to begin August 2022. Salary: Commensurate with qualification. Responsibilities include teaching in the BSW and MSW programs (including in-person and online courses, and satellite campuses on Saturdays), research (including seeking external funding), publication, and service to the profession, university, and community.
Contingent on Availability of Funding
1. MSW from CSWE accredited programs
2. Two years post-master’s practice experience.
3. PhD or DSW in social work or PhD or equivalent terminal degree in a related field (such as but not limited to counseling, psychology, public health, sociology or public policy), and candidates with PhD conferred at the time of initial appointment will hold the probationary rank of Assistant Professor. ABD candidates will also be initially appointed with the probationary term rank of Assistant Professor and must have the terminal degree conferred prior to their first reappointment. Qualifying degrees must be received from regionally accredited institutions.
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 940794
Organizational Unit Overview:
East Carolina University is an emerging national research university with an enrollment of nearly 29,000 students. The University offers 84 bachelor’s degree programs, 71 master’s degree programs, 18 doctoral degree programs, and 82 departmental certificates. The University is comprised of 10 academic colleges/schools including a medical and dental school. The University is committed to the creation of a School of Public Health that will focus on addressing regional needs and rural health disparities. The University is located in Greenville, N.C., a diverse and progressive city of approximately 90,000. It is within two hours driving distance of the Atlantic Coast to the east and the Research Triangle area of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill to the west. The College of Health and Human Performance is home to six academic departments. There are excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary research collaborations within the College and across the University. The College employs two full-time instructional technology consultants, and pre and post award grant specialists. More information can be found at the College website: https://hhp.ecu.edu/
The School of Social Work offers two academic programs, a number of Graduate Certificates and a licensure in School Social Work. Our degree programs include a Bachelor of Social Work and a Masters of Social Work. The MSW program is among the highest enrollment graduate programs at ECU. Along with our degree programs we also offer Graduate Certificates in Substance Abuse and Gerontology.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action University and accommodates individuals with disabilities. Proper documentation of identity and employability is required at the time of employment.
How to apply
- Application screening begins August 2021and will continue until the position is filled.
- In order to apply, candidates must submit the following materials online at www.jobs.ecu.edu:
1) Cover letter addressing position description
2) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
3) A list of three references with contact information.
- As part of the screening process, the references provided may be contacted.
At the time of employment two to three original letters of reference, official transcripts, a criminal background check, and proper documentation of identity and employability are required. Applicants must complete a candidate profile by creating an account (see “Create Account” by following link below) online via the PeopleAdmin system (https://ecu.peopleadmin.com)
- Please be aware that if selected as a candidate of choice, an automatic e-mail will be sent to the individuals entered by the applicant in the References section of the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system.
- Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered towards meeting this requirement.
- For letters of reference not submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system, please have the original signed letters mailed to Lee Gaylord (SW 940794) East Carolina University, College of Health and Human Performance 1000 East 5th Street, Rivers West 238 Mail stop 505, Greenville, NC 27858
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with achievement and experience. It is expected that this position will begin August 16, 2022.
- For further information, please contact: Dr. Blace Nalavany of Social Work [email protected] Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.