Northwood University seeks a dynamic individual with strong interpersonal skills, significant industry experience and a strong record of teaching at the undergraduate level to begin teaching in the Fall 2020 semester at our Midland, Michigan campus. The candidate will be hired with the rank of assistant professor.
Northwood University is a teaching-focused university with HLC and ACBSP accreditation offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in business-related disciplines. The teaching load for full-time faculty is four, three-credit courses per semester over two semesters for a total teaching load of 24 credit hours. Candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate courses in Financial Analysis, Portfolio Management, Capital Markets and Investments, Certified Financial Planning, and Corporate Finance. Additional responsibilities and expectations may include participation in on-going curriculum planning and review; internship and/or practicum supervision; research and scholarly activities; professional/instructional development; university committee activities; recruitment and retention activities; and other related duties as assigned.
More information about Northwood University’s mission and outcomes can be found at: http://www.northwood.edu/aboutus.
- Master’s degree in Finance or closely related field from an accredited institution
- Significant industry experience directly related to Finance or Banking
- Experience training and/or teaching Finance. Experience teaching undergraduate finance courses preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide and diverse range of students and colleagues
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills in a variety of delivery formats
- Earned Doctorate or terminal degree from accredited institution (such as J.D., Ph.D., DBA; ABD candidates considered if completion date is within one year of hire)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Certification and experience teaching on-line format
Salary and benefits:
Assigned rank will be Assistant professor. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Competitive benefits package available including health, dental, coverage and retirement benefits; generous leave plan; flex benefit plan; and tuition benefits for employee and family.
Position is open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Northwood University has an institutional philosophy known as the “Northwood Idea”. More information about Northwood University’s philosophy, mission and outcomes can be found at: http://www.northwood.edu/aboutus/