NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lewis University invites applications for a full-time, tenure track Assistant Professor position in the College of Business, Management Information Systems. The primary professional responsibilities are to provide outstanding teaching, scholarly research, and service to the Lewis and external communities. Lewis University serves a diverse student population and community and we invite applications from individuals that embody a commitment to diversity. This position will begin August 2020.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Teach a variety of Management Information Systems courses, both the undergraduate and graduate levels. 12 credit hour teaching load per semester.
- Establish and maintain office hours to assist students and foster positive interaction with colleagues and external parties.
- Advise undergraduate students on program progression and academic success.
- Additionally, mentor graduate and undergraduate students on professional development.
- Actively engaged in the MIS – Business Analytics profession, including current topics and trends within the field.
- Conduct innovative scholarly research.
- Represent the college at departmental meetings, University meetings, and business related conferences.
- Actively participate in College/University Committees, scholarly pursuits, student recruitment, and other various duties as assigned by the Dean and Department Chair.
- Demonstrate the ability to promote the B.S. Information Systems and M.S. Business Analytics Program within the College, University, and Community.
Located 25 miles southwest of Chicago, Lewis University is an innovative and forward-thinking Catholic university offering market-relevant undergraduate and graduate programs to 6,500 students. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis University has been nationally recognized for preparing intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected and socially responsible graduates. In addition to our main campus in Romeoville, Illinois, we have a growing number of fully on-line programs and locations in Oak Brook, Tinley Park and Albuquerque, NM.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. Lewis University provides tuition benefits, health plans and retirement benefits that add to your bottom line. For additional information on Lewis as an institution, please see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
PhD in Information Systems with focus on Business Analytics. Ability to demonstrate excellence in teaching, scholarship and service learning. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to impart business analytics concepts and theories to students and other vested parties.
Earned Doctorate in Business Analytics.
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that we are a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment. Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, serves a diverse community and is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion on our campus as an equal opportunity employer.
We invite applications from individuals that embody a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are fully dedicated to providing opportunities for development of the whole person. To demonstrate this commitment, Lewis University wishes to build a culturally diverse workforce which strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
How to apply
For full consideration, interested applicants can view a full description of this position and apply online at http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/5094