The Biology Program within the School of Sciences at the University of Louisiana at Monroe (ULM) is seeking an Assistant Professor of Biology with a research focus of vertebrate organismal biology to start in January 2022. The School of Sciences offers a bachelor’s degree in Biology with concentrations in Premedical Studies, Chemical Biology, Evolution & Ecology, and Molecular Biology & Biotechnology. The School of Sciences also offers a master’s degree in Biology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses during the fall and spring semesters.
- Mentor graduate students and graduate student research projects.
- Pursue a program of scholarly research and publication.
- Advise students and maintain records of student progress.
- Actively participate in recruitment and retention for the Biology degree program.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Candidates must be passionate about teaching and mentoring students. Candidates should have a Doctoral Degree in biology. ABD candidates in late stages of dissertation will also be considered. Qualifications include:
- Innovative pedagogical approaches to teaching undergraduates from diverse backgrounds
- Coursework and/or experience in Biology or related field with an emphasis on vertebrate organisms
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- A research agenda or demonstration of scholarly activity