CBU is committed to creating and maintaining a rigorous and enriching learning experience for our students by providing them the best instruction and support by a superior faculty and staff. CBU encourages opportunities to celebrate diversity in an environment that prepares our students to be global citizens. CBU is an attractive and safe campus environment, and it is quite possibly one of the friendliest campuses anywhere.
If you would like to contribute to these hallmarks of a CBU education, please consider applying for our faculty or staff vacancies through these current employment opportunities.
This is an exciting time for the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering and the Gadomski School of Engineering at Christian Brothers University with the launch of the new B.S. in Construction Management. The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at Christian Brothers University seeks a dynamic and creative educator for the Assistant (or Associate) Professor position with a tenure-track possibility based on faculty and program success. The successful candidate will be able to develop and teach a range of construction management courses and assist in the program development with the goal of seeking ACCE-accreditation. A candidate who has prior experience teaching courses in construction management or civil engineering is preferred. The faculty member is expected to teach other engineering services courses related to Civil Engineering, depending on departmental needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain teaching excellence in a full teaching load each semester.
- Develop the newly approved Construction Management B.S. program curriculum with the goal of seeking ACCE-accreditation.
- Advise construction management students and seniors in their projects.
- Develop a research program and/or professional industry partnerships which generates external funding and leads to scholarly publications.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a research program and/or professional industry partnerships which engage undergraduate construction management students.
- Serve on school and university committees.
- Assist in advising the Civil Engineering Student Competitions.
This position will remain open until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by no later than March 31, 2023.
- Ph.D. in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, or Civil Engineering, or ability to complete the Ph.D. by August 2023. Candidates without a Ph.D. but with significant industry experience may also be considered.
- Master of Science in Construction Management or Construction Engineering.
- Proficiency in Construction Management curricula.
- Excellence in teaching ability at the undergraduate level and ability to engage students in undergraduate applied research or professional development.
- Ability to assist in the launch of the new Construction Management B.S. degree and develop the program with the goal of seeking ACCE accreditation.
- Professional licensure in construction management or engineering, or ability to obtain a such license before applying for promotion or tenure.
- Prior teaching experience at a primarily undergraduate institution.
- Prior experience in externally funded applied research in Construction Management or Construction Engineering.
Christian Brothers University is a Catholic university in the student-centered tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers. CBU fosters academic excellence in a range of programs to prepare students from all faiths and backgrounds for careers and lives informed by the Lasallian values of faith, service, and community.
Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, you must apply and upload the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Rsum or CV
- Diversity statement
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Salary history/requirements
Candidates who do not submit these documents will not be considered.
Christian Brothers University is an equal opportunity employer.