Posting Number: Fac00439
Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits Available: Yes
Nature of Work
The Assistant Professor of Nursing assumes responsibility for classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction as well as teaching, advising, scholarship, and service requirements within the BSN program. This is an academic year position with a tenure-track appointment.
- Teaching in BSN and RN-to-BSN programs
- Use student-centered teaching/learning strategies
- Supervise nursing students in the clinical setting
- Conduct regular office hours
- Participate in advising students
- Participate in Service-Learning activities
- Participate in assessment and scholarship activities
- Serve on college and school committees
- Use active/applied learning strategies when teaching
Minimum Qualifications and Training
- Candidate must be eligible for a Georgia Nursing License
- Candidate must have a Master’s degree in Nursing
- Candidate must have a Doctorate degree or be enrolled in a Doctorate program
- Candidate must have recent clinical experience in the area of Medical-Surgical, Pediatric, and/or Mental Health nursing
- Candidate must exhibit expertise in clinical practice, education, and have the ability and desire to teach in creative and innovative pre-licensure baccalaureate and RN-to-BSN (online) completion programs
- Candidate must have a commitment to Service-Learning, student-centered learning/teaching methods, and assessment
Preferred Qualifications and Training
- Doctorate in nursing or a closely related field
- Experience instructing Medical-Surgical Nursing; Fundamentals of Nursing; Nursing Research; and/or Gerontology.
- The ability and commitment to using technology and web-based teaching
How to apply
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.edu
Open Until Filled: Yes