To plan, direct and oversee all activities related to students and academic affairs ensuring that these activities meet the College of Dental Medicines mission, goals and objectives. Along with the Curriculum Committee, participate in curricular decision-making, in order to ensure compliance with predoctoral and/or postdoctoral accreditation standards.
1. A dental or equivalent terminal degree is required (consideration will be given to qualified applicant with terminal degree in process). 2. Previous teaching and administrative experience in a dental school/dental organization is required. Preference will be given to those that have at least 10 years of academic experience in an increasing role of administrative responsibilities. 3. Excellent organizational skills. 4. Ability to communicate well with faculty, students, other staff and University officials. 5. Ability to anticipate potential problems and identify solutions.
1. Ability to endure short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties. 2. Ability to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies including, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephones, etc. 3. Ability to transport oneself to sites on and off campus.
Campus: LMU Tower
Posting Number: S01580P
Job Close Date: 02/28/2022
Open Until Filled: No
About the Institution
Lincoln Memorial University is a values-based learning community dedicated to providing educational experiences in the liberal arts and professional studies. The main campus is located in Harrogate, Tennessee. For more information about employment opportunities, contact the Office of Human Resources at 423-869-7112 or [email protected].
Lincoln Memorial University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action education institution. Lincoln Memorial University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in all University programs and activities.
Background Check Statement
The University will conduct criminal background checks on all employees. Background checks may include but are not limited to confirmation of the individual’s identity, credit information, motor vehicle driving record, review of an individual’s criminal conviction record (if any), verification of any license, and certificate or degree required for the position.
- 1. Serves as the senior educational officer responsible in planning, developing, and managing the predoctoral dental education program leading to the DMD degree
- 2. Responsible for implementing academic policies related to the COD curriculum, instruction, student evaluation, advancement, and graduation.
- 3. Oversee the pre-doctoral courses, class scheduling and facilitate all curricular changes and implementation of necessary course revisions to meet CODA standards.
- 4. Work cooperatively with administration, faculty, staff, and students to facilitate a humanistic and inclusive learning environment for a diverse student body.
- 5. Participate in the College s short- and long-term strategic planning processes.
- 6. Leadership in all COD s programmatic processes. This includes assessment, evaluation, and continuous quality improvement of an innovative curriculum.
- 7. Serves as an advocate for student learning while continually updating, implementing, and enforcing the policies and procedures in the Predoctoral Student Handbook.
- 8. Participation in University-wide committee activities as assigned by the Dean.
- 9. Oversee, along with the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, the annual process of review and revision of the COD s Predoctoral Student Handbook.
- 10. Oversee the development and implementation of Educational Research activities for the College in conjunction with the Associate Dean for Research and Global Outreach.
- 11. Participate in the College s budgeting process when requested by the Dean.
- 12. Manage the CDM Office of Academic Affairs.
- 13. Participate in the general administration of the College with the Dean and other members of the Dean s Administrative Executive Committee.
- 14. Perform other duties as required.
- 1. Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- 2. Assist Dean and other administrators and faculty in special projects as required.
- 3. Participate in professional associations
- 4. Maintain and upgrade current professional skills by participating in educational conferences, research and publications
How to apply
LMU’s hiring policies are in accordance with EEO regulations and policies. LMU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.