Responsible for class scheduling, classroom evaluation, responding to student academic concerns, and direct supervision of designated disciplines. Coordinates activities consistent with the campus’ and college’s mission, strategic goals and objectives. Promotes and fosters an innovative teaching and learning environment conducive to academic excellence. Supports and encourages the infusion of academic initiatives, including instructional technology, into the teaching and learning process. Manages budget and collaborates and supervises faculty and staff.
Minimum Base Pay: $71,921.00. All salary calculations start at the minimum salary and will be based on candidate’s education and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary)
- Develops, maintains, interprets, and executes administrative procedures and practices. This activity includes developing and maintaining manuals regarding policies, procedures, rules, and standards for the College.
- Provides direction in the design, development and administration of campus programs and operations to achieve established College mission, goals and objectives.
- Analyzes class and program needs of the College. Determines and recommends the retention or deletion of courses.
- Develops and coordinates program and course schedules, faculty assignments, and test dates. Maintains calendar as necessary to track these schedules and makes adjustments as required.
- Assists faculty in the development of course and program curriculum, program and course reviews and articulation activities.
- Guides, leads, reviews, verifies, observes, and manages the work of people reporting directly and indirectly to you. Develops and trains staff. Performs needs analysis, arranges, coordinates, delivers, evaluates, and monitors staff development.
- Develops long-range and short-term goals, objectives, priorities, and recommendations.
- Acknowledges, researches, and responds to complaints received regarding College programs, and College employees. May include liaison and mediation activities among complainant, the College faculty and staff.
- Attends community meetings of professional associations, business groups, and civic clubs. May promote College programs. Chairs college-wide committee and coordinates committee events.
- Conducts all tasks related to the preparation of the annual and other periodic budgets for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in one of the designated disciplines
- Four years of related experience, to include experience supervising faculty, teaching experience, curriculum development experience, and two years department chair or similar experience
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications
- Best practices in higher education pedagogy
- Thinking strategically, effectively analyzing data, and implementing data-informed decisions
- Managing and resolving conflict in a positive manner
- Fact finding, analysis, and problem solving
- Motivating subordinates to exert the effort necessary to attain organizational and departmental goals
- Attention to detail while maintaining effective time and task management
- Establish ownership of areas of responsibility with an aptitude to anticipate and pro-actively execute tasks while identifying areas of enhancement, efficiencies, and solutions
- Interact in a positive manner with diverse populations and varying education levels of students, faculty, staff, and the public
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing on a regular basis with internal and external customers, build relationships, manage customer expectations and take responsibility for a high level of service
- Accurately manage a budget
Licenses, Registration, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
- Regular physical attendance required
Education and Experience:
- Doctorate’s degree
- Secondary or postsecondary work experience
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
- Reach and grasp objects
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Use of video display terminal
- Use of manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Communicate information orally and in writing
- Receive and understand information through oral and written communication
- Proofread and check documents for accuracy
This job description is intended to be generic in nature and describe the essential functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities, and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Please review the following information in order to apply for a position at Palm Beach State College:
- Carefully review the minimum qualifications advertised for the available position as only applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be considered.
- Background Check/ Drug Screen may be required based on the specific requirements of the position for which the application is being submitted. Employment is contingent upon the passing of a drug test and upon completion of a criminal background investigation.
- An important goal of the Office of Human Resources is to respond to all applicants once a selection is made. Please take notice of the position closing date advertised. Whenever positions are filled, the Office of Human Resources responds to all applicants who have submitted applications.
How to apply
This position is open until filled