Sugar Grove Campus
Waubonsee Community College promotes diversity in faculty, staff, and student recruitment and
is committed to hiring and retaining exceptional faculty and staff who are committed to the college’s culture of collaboration, professional growth and student success.
The college seeks a full-time, tenure-track Mathematics Instructor with a demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence, equity, and student success who will be responsible for the curriculum, instruction, and student learning assessment of Mathematics courses needed by the department. The position is based at the Sugar Grove Campus and teaching assignments may include days, evenings and/or weekends. Courses may be offered in various delivery modes, i.e. face-to-face, flex, online, synch-online, and hybrid.
The candidate will demonstrate experience with innovative and active learning strategies, the ability to enhance the success of diverse student populations, a commitment to going above and beyond traditional expectations to support students, and the ability to use instructional technology to enhance teaching and learning in both classroom and online instruction. The ability to work collegially with other members of the Mathematics department and the college community is expected.
Duties and expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Designing syllabi, lessons, activities, assignments, and assessments to address different learning styles and to ensure that students successfully meet course objectives and outcomes.
- Incorporating learning-centered principles and concepts and motivating students to participate actively in all aspects of the educational experience.
- Demonstrating commitment to continuous improvement and ongoing professional growth.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues throughout the college to achieve equitable outcomes for all students and to serve the needs of students and community.
- Employing instructional and classroom technology appropriately and effectively to deliver and enhance teaching and learning in online, hybrid, flex, and face-to-face courses.
- Assisting in leading the Mathematics department in the areas of curriculum development, student success initiatives, student advising, adjunct faculty mentorship, assessment of student learning and support for student clubs and organizations.
- Participating in divisional and college-wide committees and events.
- Modeling professionalism with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, or a master’s degree in related field with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in Mathematics.
- Two years teaching experience in Mathematics.
- Post-secondary teaching experience in Mathematics.
- Experience teaching traditionally under-served populations.
- Experience teaching in various modalities including face-to-face, hybrid and online delivery.
- Experience, or an interest, in teaching Mathematics for Elementary Teachers and/or Basic Statistics.
Grant Funded: No
Compensation Range: Placement on the salary schedule is dependent on qualifications. Qualifications include education, teaching experience (related work CTE ONLY)
Work Schedule: Fall and Spring semester
Work Hours: Classes may be offered during daytime, evening and weekend hours
Targeted Hire Date: 8/14/2023
EOE, including disability and veteran
Waubonsee does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs, and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans’ status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
How to apply
Please attach the following documents when applying:
2.) Cover letter
Please include the following:
o Your reasons for pursuing a full-time faculty position at a community college.
o Provide examples of how your work with students has reflected your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
4.) References (3 professional references)
5.) Teaching Philosophy