Job ID: 257708
Join our Team at the College of Coastal Georgia!
Located on the southeast Atlantic coast in Brunswick, midway between Savannah, Georgia and Jacksonville, Florida, the College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia with an additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland, Georgia. The College provides an affordable and interactive education in the natural beauty and abundant sunshine of Georgia’s Golden Isles, an area noted for world-class golf courses and resorts as well as amazing diversity of maritime habitats, wildlife and sea creatures.
The School of Arts & Sciences seeks a dynamic candidate for a Lecturer of Mathematics faculty position in the Department of Mathematics & Data Science. This is an academic year 10-month contract. The contract is expected to begin August 1, 2023.
- Develop and teach undergraduate courses in Mathematics.
- Teach a full load of classes in Fall and Spring.
- Maintain on-campus office hours, prepare lesson plans and syllabi including course objectives, provide lectures and other course materials such as quizzes and exams, and submit final grades and attendance reports.
- Work cooperatively with others and be willing to teach face-to-face, hybrid, and online classes on the Brunswick campus and at the Camden center.
- Conduct academic advisement.
- Maintain a commitment to using high-impact practices.
- Effectively utilize instructional technology.
- Maintain a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Mathematics or a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Mathematics.
- Successful teaching experience at the undergraduate level.
- Evidence of professional development.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to teach Data Science and/or Math Education.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the College of Coastal Georgia, as determined by the College of Coastal Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable a satisfactory credit check, Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statues, rules and regulations of this college and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
- College of Coastal Georgia is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community
Equal Employment Opportunity
The College of Coastal Georgia provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need or reasonable accommodations under the American with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources at 912-279-5740.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
As a condition of employment individuals will be required to provide proof of identity and eligibility for employment in the United States. In addition, employment is contingent upon successfully passing a criminal background check.
How to apply
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu