College Station, TX
The Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications (ALEC), College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Texas A&M University invites applications for a full-time tenure track or tenured academic position in agricultural communications and journalism (AGCJ) with a 9-month academic appointment beginning September 1, 2021, or as negotiated. The position will consist of a 50% research, 40% teaching, and 10% service appointment. We seek applicants for the faculty titles of assistant professor or associate professor (depending on qualifications).
The successful candidate will
- Contribute to ALEC’s research initiatives in AGCJ through a robust research agenda that includes pursuing external federal funding opportunities.
- Work with transdisciplinary teams to maintain a systematic and persistent inquiry line that will contribute to advancing the food, agriculture, natural resources, and/or human (FANH) sciences.
- Collaborate with data science academic scholars across the Texas A&M University System and higher education institutions around the world.
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in data visualization, data management and communication strategy, data and asset management, and technical messaging for the public.
- Engage industry professionals in identifying course content that is based on cutting-edge data science.
- Demonstrate commitment to campus inclusivity and diversity.
- Participate in university, college, and department activities and service.
- Participate in scientific and professional organizations by actively promoting research outputs and establishing meaningful connections to broader communities.
The undergraduate AGCJ program has approximately 230 majors and minors, and the ALEC graduate programs (M.Ag., M.S., and Ph.D.) have about 50 students. Information about ALEC is available at https://alec.tamu.edu/.
Applicants must have an earned doctorate in an appropriate communication discipline with demonstrated capability in developing funded, rigorous, and impactful research and teaching programs. Applicants must indicate a willingness and ability to obtain research funding related to FANH sciences communications and translation.
How to apply
Applicants must submit:
- A letter of application describing interests, qualifications, unique skills, perspectives, and programmatic areas that contributes significantly to ALEC’s scholarly activities in research, teaching, and service.
- An up-to-date, detailed curriculum vitae and official transcripts.
- A statement of research, teaching, and service and evidence of its impact.
- A list of three to five publications and a 2-3 sentence interpretation of their significance in the field.
- A list of names and contact information of five references.
The application materials must be submitted online at apply.interfolio.com/82508 . Review of applications will begin on or around March 1, 2021. Please direct any questions regarding the position to Holli Leggette at [email protected].