NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Online Accounting Adjunct Faculty for School of Business
Institution: LeTourneau University, Longview, Texas
Location: Online / Distance-Learning
Category: Adjunct Faculty – Accounting Programs
LeTourneau University invites applications for adjunct faculty members qualified to teach in the undergraduate online accounting programs at LeTourneau University. Adjuncts are needed to teach classes beginning in the Fall 2018 semester. Courses are taught in either a five-week format or a 10-week format. We are specifically looking for applicants with expertise to teach the following course(s):
- ACCT 2103 – Principles of Financial Accounting: An introduction to the accounting process, with emphasis on identifying, recording, classifying, and interpreting transactions and other events relating to proprietorships and partnerships.
- ACCT 2113 – Principles of Managerial Accounting: A continuation of ACCT 2103, examining accounting procedures for corporations, financial statement analysis, and managerial uses of accounting data. Class 3. Prerequisite(s): ACCT 2103.
- ACCT 3103 – Intermediate Accounting I – A comprehensive study of the concepts, principles, and practices of modern financial accounting, with emphasis on the recognition and measurement of assets and liabilities. Class 3. Prerequisite(s): ACCT 2103.
- ACCT 3113 Intermediate Accounting II: A continuation of ACCT 3103 with emphasis on issues relating to stockholders’ equity, dilutive securities, investments, and the measurement of income. Class 3. Prerequisite(s): ACCT 3103.
- ACCT 3303 – Cost Accounting: The concepts and purposes underlying the developing and reporting of cost accounting information are studied. Topics include job order costing, process costing, standard cost systems, and variance analysis. Class 3. Prerequisite(s): ACCT 2113.
- ACCT 3403 – Federal Income Tax: An introduction to federal income tax laws and regulations, the determination of income tax liabilities, and the preparation of tax returns for individuals.
- ACCT 4403 – Auditing: A study of the theory of auditing, covering audit procedures, professional ethics, auditor’s legal liability, evidence gathering, internal control, and audit reports. Class 3. Prerequisite(s): ACCT 3103 and BUSI 2503.
- ACCT 4503 – Accounting Systems: A study of the principles and procedures of accounting systems design and installation, with emphasis on audit technique and audit trail considerations in both manual and computer-based systems. Class 3. Prerequisite(s): ACCT 2103.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree (Doctorate preferred) in Business/Accounting/Finance, with at least 18 graduate hours of credit in the discipline.
- Strong command of the English language with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Two to three years experience teaching adult learners online in higher education preferred. A professional commitment to student-centered learning with a record of successful teaching, mentoring and coaching of adult learners.
- Skill in use of personal computers and appropriate software applications (Email, Canvas Course Management System, Presentation Software and Spreadsheet Software).
- Supportive of leadership direction, policies, and procedures; team-player contributing to comradery within the faculty and department.
- Agreement with Christian Statement of Faith and institutional policies of LeTourneau University. Positive, cooperative and Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission.
- Provide inspirational and motivational instruction of the subject matter.
- Post weekly announcements detailing assignments and expectations.
- Daily Canvas access to monitor students’ progression in the course.
- Respond to student e-mails, questions, and comments within 24 hours.
- Weekly posting of specific, meaningful, depth-oriented questions in discussion forums to foster student interaction and depth of understanding of the subject matter.
- Post grades and provide quality feedback for assignments within 4 days of submission.
- Communicate with program Chair concerning problems or potential problems with students.
ABOUT LETOURNEAU UNIVERSITY:
LeTourneau University is the premier Christian polytechnic university in the nation where educators engage students to nurture Christian virtue, develop competency and ingenuity in their professional fields, integrate faith and work, and serve the local and global community.
LETU is a Christ-centered, interdenominational institute of higher learning offering more than 85 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in arts and sciences, aviation, business & technology, communication, computer science, criminal justice, education, engineering, nursing, psychology & counseling and theology & vocation. LETU’s 2,700 students represent nearly all 50 states, more than 30 foreign countries, and around 50 different denominational groups. In addition to residential programs at the main campus in Longview, Texas, students are enrolled in a robust suite of online programs, as well as innovative hybrid programs in the Dallas and Houston areas.
LETU is consistently recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of “America’s Best Colleges,” and the engineering program is ranked nationally. LeTourneau University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, at http://www.sacscoc.org) to award associate, baccalaureate and master’s degrees. LeTourneau University’s engineering and engineering technology programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission and the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 – telephone: 410-347-7700. The Carnegie Foundation classifies LeTourneau University as a Master’s (Comprehensive) University II.
The 162 acre main campus is located in Longview, Texas, a progressive hub city with an MSA of over 190,000, nestled among the beautiful pine-forested hills and lakes of East Texas. It is approximately 120 miles east of Dallas, Texas and 60 miles west of Shreveport, Louisiana.
See http://www.letu.edu for more information.
How to apply
Applications are required and are available from http://www.letu.edu/jobs or from the Provost Office, email@example.comLeTourneau University, P.O. Box 7001, 2100 S. Mobberly Avenue, Longview, TX 75607-7001 Applications will be reviewed in the order received and will continue until the position is filled.
In accordance with applicable provisions of federal law, applicants for employment who are in agreement with the educational mission of LeTourneau University and applicants for admission to educational programs or activities are considered without discrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, handicapping condition, national origin or genetic information. Inquiries about this policy should be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (903) 233-4170.
Dr. Melanie Roudkovski, Dean, College of Health Science and Professional Studies
Post Office Box 7001 Longview, Texas 75607
E-mail applications to GerrieForbis@letu.edu
Fax applications to 903-233-3201.