College of DuPage seeks adjunct faculty members to teach courses.
Opportunities may exist to teach a flexible schedule that may include teaching assignments during days, evenings and weekends.
Adjunct Faculty instructors at College of DuPage are responsible for course planning and instruction in classroom, lab, or clinical settings, courses may be conducted in various delivery modes, such as, face-to-face, on-line, hybrid and/or blended formats. In addition, adjunct faculty are responsible for student evaluation, and timely and accurate submission of required paperwork related to instruction.
The ideal candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be currently licensed in Illinois to practice in the field of Chiropractic or Nursing.
- Must have at least 5 years of active experience in the field of Nursing or Chiropractic medicine.
- Ability to create activities based on pre-designed lesson plans, core objectives, and core assessments.
- All material for instruction is provided. The ideal candidate is an educator, instructor or trainer who has an interest in sharing their skills, knowledge and abilities. Must also have an interest in teaching adults in a higher education setting.
- Must be able to demonstrate required skills of the curriculum, and monitor and evaluate students in the performance of those skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology, Pathophysiology, Kinesiology, and biomedical terminology.
- Must have basic computer literacy and be comfortable using technology in the classroom.
- Teach didactic and skills portions of Massage Therapy curriculum.
- Evaluate students’ knowledge and skills of the Massage Therapy curriculum
- Maintain necessary records of attendance and competencies
- Preferred Qualifications
- Teaching or training experience in MT-Anatomy & Physiology; MT-Pathophysiology; MT-Muscles & Movement (Kinesiology) is preferred.
- Professional membership in ABMP, AMTA, AFMTE or similar is preferred.
- Experience as RN or Chiropractor
- Board or advanced certification is preferred.
Associates degree or higher is preferred
Teaching at College of DuPage is enhanced and enlivened through institutional support of faculty creatively engaging in instructional development, research to improve student learning and remaining current in their field of specialty.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. College of DuPage is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its faculty.
How to apply
To apply please submit your electronic application, unofficial transcripts, a cover letter including a list of three references, a statement of teaching philosophy, and current curriculum vita.