Job no: 494010
Position Type: Adjunct Faculty (Part-Time)
Division/Equivalent: Academic Affairs
School/Unit: Social Work
Adjunct Lecturer – Social Work Department
The College at Brockport
Founded in 1835, The College at Brockport is a nationally recognized four-year comprehensive public college focused on student success. We are proud of our academic quality and exceptional value.
The College at Brockport is seeking applicants for potential part-time adjunct faculty in the Department of Social Work in our baccalaureate social work program and in the Greater Rochester Collaborative MSW Program. The Council on Social Work Education accredits both programs.
The department typically hires adjunct faculty to teach classroom-based, clinical-based, hybrid, and on-line courses for the subject areas/courses listed below, but this list is not all inclusive. Other courses/subject areas may become available within the department.
Illustrative needs or job duties include but are not limited to:
- Teaching face-to-face and hybrid courses in the undergraduate social work program
- Teaching face-to-face, hybrid and online courses in the GRC MSW Program
- Itinerant field instruction supervision of undergraduate and graduate level social work students completing generalist and advanced level field placement practice in a range of agency-based and clinical settings.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an CSWE accredited MSW program and a minimum of two-years post MSW degree practice experience. Licensed to practice social work in NYS years
- PhD or Doctorate in Social Work or a related field from a regionally accredited US Department of Education or an internationally recognized institution.
- Five years post MSW degree practice experience
- Experience teaching BSW and MSW courses.
- Field Instruction Experience
- LCSW preferred to teach clinical practice MSW courses
- $2400 per 3 credit hour class
- $500.00 per student per semester to provide weekly itinerant field instruction supervision, attend at field orientations and trainings, participate in field meeting with task supervisor, student and faculty liaison at least once each semester and complete end of semester field evaluations.
Please visit jobs.brockport.edu to complete an application including your cover letter that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Application materials will be reviewed as positions become available and applications will be accepted through August 31, 2019.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.