The University of Cincinnati serves the people of Ohio, the nation, and the world as a premier, public, urban research university dedicated to the undergraduate, graduate, and professional education, experience-based learning, and research.
We are committed to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all of our activities. We provide an inclusive environment where innovation and freedom of intellectual inquiry flourish.
Through scholarship, service, partnerships, and leadership, we create opportunity, develop educated and engaged citizens, enhance the economy and enrich our University, city, state and global community.
The College of Nursing is looking for an Assistant or Associate Professor with a background in biostatistics, statistics, or a related field, to join our faculty. This position will report to the Senior Associate Dean of the College and will support the University’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our student, faculty, staff and all other activities. Faculty members in this track are tenured or tenure track faculty primarily responsible for research, which includes a consistent pattern of obtaining external funding for research and publications in peer-reviewed publications. Tenured or tenure track faculty members may also contribute to the pedagogical and service missions of the university, expectations for which may be described in their letters of appointment and in their unit reappointment and promotion criteria.
1. Conducting collaborative clinical and social-behavioral research. Providing investigators with training in research design and data analysis, as well as statistical consultation and collaborative research support, through the college’s Institute for Nursing Research and Scholarship.
2. Teaching doctoral-level courses in statistics, mentoring DNP and PhD students.
3. Participating in faculty governance and oversight through committee membership in the College and University. Engaging in service to the public and to professional associations.
Candidates must have a PhD degree at the time of appointment in biostatistics, statistics, or related field; 12 months experience in conducting collaborative research gained during pre- or post-doc training or previous employment; and effective interpersonal and communications skills with ethnically and culturally diverse populations. As appropriate for rank, a track record of collaborative research and peer-reviewed publications, demonstrated ability to obtain research grants are also required. Teaching experience at the graduate level is desirable. A background in epidemiology is preferred. Competitive applicants should have a strong, extramurally funded research program in place as Principal Investigator or co-investigator. Experience with managing a biostatistical consulting service will be considered positively. Biostatisticians in all areas are encouraged to apply, although preference will be given to candidates with expertise in health services, research, analysis of high-dimensional data, statistical genetics, or analysis of big data. Responsibilities will include research, teaching graduate courses, doctoral-level student advisement, serving on DNP scholarly project and PhD dissertation committees, and serving the university, professional, and local communities.
Information for Applicants:
- All positions at UC require background checks.
- May be hired as 9 month or 12 month faculty
- May teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses
- May be assigned a leadership administrative role to coordinate or direct programs such as DNP Director, FNP, Director of Evaluations, etc.
- Primary teaching semesters may be Fall/Spring; Spring/Summer; Fall/Summer, or Fall/Spring/Summer.
- Official transcripts will be required if hired
- Attach cover letter indicating experience as it relates to the position, CV and 3 professional references
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: Negotiable, competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Application Process: In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at https://jobs.uc.edu under Requisition # 29971.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES
OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.