Position Number: 6086-0000-0001-061
Division: Office of the Chancellor
Section: Athletics (section)
Primary Purpose of Organizational UnitThe Athletic Department is a vital part of student life and the educational process at Elizabeth City State University. It provides a well-rounded schedule of college athletic competition designed to encourage participation by the student body. The department encourages physical fitness and the development of physical skills and emotional control.
Description of WorkThe position is required to provide professional health care, prevention, rehabilitation, first aid, injury assessment, treatment, and counseling for student athletes. The person in this position works directly with male and female student athletes. The position may also be responsible for supervising and training student assistants.
Competencies/Knowledge Skills, and Abilities Required in this Position
- Must maintain NATA and CPR/First Aid certifications.
- Possess the ability to provide proper injury evaluation, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for athletic injuries.
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Possess the ability to be flexible, confident and the ability to work independently as well as contributing to team efforts and objectives.
- Possess attention to detail and with the proven ability to manage competing priorities effectively.
- Possess the ability to plan, organize and control projects through to completion within given time-frames; strong follow-up and follow-through skills are important.
- Must obtain a North Carolina driver’s license.
Minimum Training and ExperienceA Master’s Degree with a current Board of Certification (BOC) and eligible for an NC Athletic Training Licensure and First Aid, CPR and AED certified with experience in managing multiple athletic teams or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Management PreferencesMaster’s degree required. Must be eligible for NC Athletic Training licensure. Must possess current first aid, CPR and AEDcertification. Must be experienced in handling multiple athletic teams at once.
Position Category: Staff
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Posting Number: EHRA00006P
Job Close Date: 03/09/2018
Open Until Filled: No
How to apply
EHRA OSHR Statement:This position is Exempt from the State Human Resources Act.
AA/EEO StatementElizabeth City State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Background Check StatementAny offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University’s receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.
Eligibility for EmploymentProper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed. ECSU is an E-Verify participant.