The Counseling Program in the School of Education seeks an individual with leadership skills for a tenure-track faculty position to prepare program candidates for a master’s degree. The position begins August 7, 2017. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching 18-24 hours per academic year. In addition, the faculty member will Chair the program and facilitate the CACREP self-study. Common professorial duties will also include program development; assessment; recruiting, advising and supervising graduate students; and serving on program and department committees.
· Core counselor education program faculty have earned doctoral degrees in counselor education, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program, or have related doctoral degrees and have been employed as full-time faculty members in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year before July 1, 2013.
· Earned doctorate in counselor education preferred; preferably from a CACREP accredited institution
· Licensed or license-eligible as a school counselor in Illinois – LPC bonus.
· Evidence of commitment to professional development including participation on professional counseling associations.
· Working familiarity with processes of accreditation and licensure in Illinois, as well as extensive experience with supervision of school counselors and clinical mental health LPC candidates
· Willingness to coordinate CACREP self-study
· Willingness to perform administrative responsibilities of Counseling program
DESCRIPTION OF HOURS
January 16, 2017
How to apply
ITEMS TO INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION
Letter of Interest
Philosophy of counselor education
Commitment to CACREP accreditation
Experience in curriculum and program development, teaching, and clinical supervisions
List of Professional References
Transcripts from all higher education institutions (official transcripts will be required if hired)
Understanding of and appreciation for the Catholic identity and Mercy heritage of the University required.
Saint Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity. EOE/M/F/D/V