Tenure-track faculty position in the College of Science, Technology, Mathematics and Health Sciences at Eastern Oregon University. This is a full-time, nine-month tenure-track position in the Physical Activity & Health program at the assistant professor level.
Candidates should demonstrate their teaching ability in terms of active scholarship; collaborative skills; and willingness and expertise to teach online classes. EOU is particularly interested in applicants who want to assist EOU students in reaching their personal and professional goals.
Appointment begins September 16, 2018.
See webpage for full program information: https://www.eou.edu/physical-activity-health/
Teaching responsibilities include classes in the Community Health concentration, both on-campus in La Grande and online.
Additional faculty responsibilities include academic advising, serving on college and/or university committees, curriculum development, active scholarship within the field, and community outreach.
- Doctorate in health or a related field from an accredited institution and possession of qualifications in health promotion, health education and experience in exercise science at the time the appointment begins; however, candidates nearing completion of their doctorate (ABD) with degree expected prior to September 2018 may be considered.
- For accreditation agencies recognized by EOU, see the webpage at http://chinook.eou.edu/hr/.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level is required.
- Valid work authorization documents are required.
- CHES/MCHES certification (or the ability and experience to obtain certification).
- Higher education teaching experience in different modalities (live, online).
- Active line of research and scholarly activity.