The College of St. Scholastica invites applications for a tenure track mathematics faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning August 2019. The successful applicant will teach mathematics major courses as well as courses for other STEM and pre-professional majors, and general education courses. The individual hired will be expected to demonstrate excellence in teaching, foster a culture of inclusion in the classroom, participate in faculty committee work, and develop an undergraduate research program that involves mathematics majors. The department values diversity among its faculty and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities. This is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position. Applications received by November 5, 2018 will receive priority consideration.
- Teach general education math courses, calculus sequence for math and science majors, and upper level major courses as appropriate.
- Participate in the work of The College through faculty committees, governance and other opportunities.
- Develop a research program suitable for undergraduates.
- Contribute to and participate in fostering a culture of inclusion in support of College diversity goals.
- PhD in Mathematics, Statistics or closely related field.
- Demonstrated success working with diverse populations, cross-cultural communication skills, and multicultural competency.
- College teaching experience.
- Familiarity with applied mathematics.
- Experience or interest in on-line teaching.
Since 1912, The College of St. Scholastica (CSS) has been preparing students for responsible living and meaningful work by emphasizing the Catholic Benedictine values upon which it was founded. The College serves an enrollment of approximately 4,325 students in undergraduate and graduate degree programs throughout six schools- nursing, arts and letters, business and technology, education, health sciences, and sciences. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks CSS among the best colleges and universities in the region for academic excellence and in 2017 Money magazine’s “best colleges for your money” list ranked St. Scholastica in the top 5 percent nationwide, based on educational quality, affordability and alumni earnings. The College of St. Scholastica is a thriving independent private college with its main campus overlooking Lake Superior in Duluth, extended campuses throughout Minnesota and vibrant online programs that attract learners from around the world.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, visit www.csshrjobs.com.