Department: School Of Nursing And Health Studies
Monmouth University is seeking applications for a full-time, 12-month, Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) of Athletic Training, for the new professional master’s degree in Athletic Training (MSAT) in the the Marjorie K. Unterberg School of Nursing and Health Studies. This anticipated opening is tenure-track.
Candidates with extensive teaching experience and scholarship are encouraged to apply. Those candidates with working experience in CAATE accredited athletic training programs, and with student advising and mentorship, especially in mentoring young scholars are being sought.
Required Degree, License or Certifications:
Doctoral degree, ABD candidates may be considered with degree completion expected by date of employment
Required Skills or Software:
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
Required Years of Experience: 3
- Doctoral degree in Athletic Training, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Healthcare, Education or related field.
- NATABOC certification. Current New Jersey State Athletic Trainer license or license-eligible.
- Three years of experience providing clinical athletic training services in traditional or non-traditional/emerging settings. Teaching experience at the baccalaureate or higher degree level. Experience as a clinical preceptor for athletic training students.
- Experience with or ability to learn and utilize computer systems at an intermediate level such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. and educational management systems (Moodle, Canvas, Black Board and Turnitin). The mental ability to assimilate, analyze, synthesize, integrate concepts and problem solve to formulate assessment and therapeutic judgments as well as to be able to distinguish deviations from the norm.
- Sufficient postural and neuromuscular control, sensory function, and coordination to perform appropriate physical examinations using accepted techniques; and accurately, safely and efficiently use equipment and materials during the assessment and treatment of patients. The ability to sit, stand, push, pull, lift and/or safely carry up to 50 pounds regularly, transferring and/or assisting with transfer of patients; as well as the reach, climb stairs, squat, kneel and move equipment and/or light furniture as needed.
- The ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with patients and colleagues, and communicate judgments and treatment information effectively. The capacity to maintain composure and continue to function well during periods of high stress. Flexibility and the ability to adjust to changing situations and uncertainty in clinical situations. Affective skills and appropriate demeanor and rapport that relate to professional education and quality patient care.
Three years of experience as a state-licensed and NATABOC-certified athletic trainer. Experience with Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) accreditation. Evidence of exceptional teaching. Evidence of research publications and presentations, and/or grant awards.
Located along New Jerseys northern coastline, Monmouth University is a top-tier private, liberal arts institution that is home to innovative academic programs, expert faculty, and nationally ranked Division I athletics. Comprehensive in scope, the University enrolls approximately 6,300 students in more than 50 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including two doctoral programs.
Small classes geared toward individual attention, and immersive learning experiences that extend beyond the classroom, define the student experience at Monmouth. The Universitys welcoming learning environment empowers students to become active participants in their education, while fully preparing them for life after graduation. Monmouths faculty, experts in their respective disciplines and industries, foster student growth by involving undergraduates and graduates in their research and scholarship.
Just one hour from New York City, and close to Philadelphia, Monmouth University sits at the heart of a vibrant culture that is rich in history, the arts, technology, and entrepreneurship. The Universitys 168-acre coastal campus has been named one of the most beautiful in the world, and blends the classic beauty of National Historic Landmarks with state-of-the-art facilities. Recent updates include a $47 million renovation to the Science Building and construction of a $16 million stadium, which serves as home for more than half of the Universitys student-athletes. A host of unique cultural experiences are available just outside the Universitys gatesfrom Asbury Parks legendary music scene and growing LGBT community, to Red Banks theater and dining hub, to Long Branchs redeveloped waterfront with recreational and upscale shopping offerings.
Founded in 1933 as Monmouth Junior College, the institution became Monmouth College in 1956 and received its university charter in 1995. Today, Monmouth University is listed in U.S. News & World Reports Best Colleges, The Princeton Reviews The Best 382 Colleges, and Money magazines Best Colleges for Your Money.
How to apply
Log in to http://jobs.monmouth.edu to apply and see the job duties for this position no later than the deadline date.