St. Cloud, MN
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Date of appointment: Anticipated August 2019, or as soon as position is filled
Tenure-track position The Communications Sciences & Disorders (CSD) department is part of the School of Health and human Services at St. Cloud State University. We train speech-language pathologists in our highly competitive, clinically focused CAA accredited program. We offer our students high-impact learning opportunities through our on-campus Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic, community partnerships, clinical research and much more. Our high quality, comprehensive clinical services in speech-language pathology and audiology have been a community asset for nearly seven decades. More Information about the department can be found at: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/csd
Teaching graduate/undergraduate courses in communication sciences and disorders, advising students, conducting research in area of expertise, participating in departmental and university committees and providing clinical supervision. In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B). *Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: https://www.ifo.org/contract-benefits/contract/contract-settlement-15-17/
Qualifications and experience:
* Doctorate (Ph.D./ Ed.D.) in communication sciences and disorders or related field at time of application. ABD with defended proposal and significant progress towards completion will be considered. However, the doctorate degree must be completed within one year of hire.
* Possesses or is eligible for CCC-SLP and Minnesota licensure.
* Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
* Expertise in Voice Disorders, Dysphagia, Speech Sound Disorders, although all areas of speech and language disorders will be considered.
* Experience in academic and clinical teaching and/or practice with documented teaching effectiveness.
* Willing to work with highly motivated students in a CAA accredited speech language pathology department; good rapport with other professionals; experience and sensitivity in dealing effectively with students, clients, and their families.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm Application Review begins February 4, 2019; position is open until filled. Only complete applications will be considered. A complete application will include the following:
* Cover Letter
* Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* Teaching Philosophy
* Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
* Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts will be required.
NOTE: Each of the required documents must be uploaded for your application to be considered.
Contact Information: Dr. G. N. Rangamani and Dr. Mili Mathew Chairs of Search Committee Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, BH 103
Phone: (320) 308-2092
e-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Work For Us GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE!
The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.