At St. Lawrence University, we believe that the liberal arts offer an essential foundation for leadership. Our graduates go on to work in diverse settings, and we value candidates who can prepare leaders for a variety of learning environments.
We are looking for a colleague who will:
- Coordinate the graduate-level state-approved Educational Leadership Program;
- Teach courses for the Program;
- Advise and mentor students in the Program;
- Place and supervise interns; lead the Program’s assessment and accreditation (CAEP);
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with local schools;
- Be an active scholar; manage adjunct faculty and graduate assistants; and
- Collaborate with members of the Education Department and the University community.
We especially seek candidates with experience working with students from diverse backgrounds, and who can demonstrate experience with, or evidence of a commitment to, preparing school leaders who promote diversity and excellence through their research, teaching, and/or service.
The successful candidate must have the following:
1. An earned doctorate in Educational Leadership, Administration or closely related field at time of appointment;
2. At least three years of successful administrative experience in PK‐12 settings (e.g., principal, supervisor, superintendent);
3. A clearly articulated scholarly agenda;
4. Experience teaching at the post-secondary level; and
5. An understanding and appreciation of a liberal arts approach to education
- Experience in the graduate-level education of school leaders;
- Experience with CAEP accreditation; and
- Experience working with local school districts to design professional development programs.
How to apply
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations.
St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.