The Jacksonville University Division of Music is seeking a dynamic music educator, entrepreneur, and music technologist for a full-time tenure track assistant professor position in Music Business and Technology to begin in August 2018.
· Coordinate and oversee a Bachelor of Science degree in Music Business with concentrations in technology and management.
· Teach courses that develop skills in the recording, editing, and production of a variety of musical styles and ensembles.
· Teach courses that develop skills in communication, leadership and music entrepreneurship.
· Coordinate the operations of a campus-based record label.
· Administer and oversee internships.
· Assess, modify, and develop music business curriculum in response to current industry trends.
· Actively recruit students for the program.
· Participate in campus professional activities including development of course curriculums and new instructional approaches, learning outcomes assessment, staff meetings, and community outreach
· Aid students in developing highly competitive job portfolios.
· Provide mentorship and guidance to ensure students in both the Management and Technology tracks will be prepared as entrepreneurs in an advancing global industry through hands-on experience.
· Doctorate in Music Business or related field (ABD with completion of degree in the first year of employment)
· Multiple years of professional experience in the music industry with proven record of success
· Teaching experience in higher education
· Extensive professional experience in the music industry with proven record of success
· Evidence of activity as a producer, recording engineer, composer and/or songwriter and performer
· Experience in program development and leadership
· Experience organizing national/international events related to field
How to apply
Application deadline: February 5, 2018. Submit letter of application, CV, examples of student work, examples of personal work, and the names and contact information for three references. For complete information about the division and university, please visit www.ju.edu. Jacksonville University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Submit materials electronically to Prof. John Ricci: email@example.com