NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks dynamic nurse educators for Nursing Programs within the School of Nursing and Health Professions (NHP) beginning Fall 2019. The University offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN, RN-BSN and RN-MSN).
The successful candidate(s) will have at least a Master’s degree from an accredited institution, preference will be given to those with an academic doctoral degree and CNE Certification (Nursing Educator), experience in the area of specialization desired, a minimum of two years of teaching experience in a college/university nursing program, two years recent clinical practice and evidence of continuous professional development is preferred. Individuals with pediatrics, medical-surgical, obstetrics and women’s health and psychiatric mental health nursing experience are encouraged to apply.
A minimum of an earned master’s degree in nursing in a health sciences related discipline from an accredited institution; experience teaching within a university setting and 2 yrs. recent clinical experience in area of specialty
The candidate will hold a current license in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the District of Columbia, or be eligible to obtain a District of Columbia Registered Nurse license by date of hire.
- Teach up to 12 credits per semester (Full time 12 month)
- Act as an advisor to students enrolled in the nursing program.
- Design and implement theoretical, clinical or laboratory instruction
- Experience in curriculum development and evaluation.
- Evaluate student achievement of course objectives related to nursing knowledge and practice.
- Proficient in using technology (i.e. ATI, MOODLE, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Provide oversight and evaluation of clinical adjunct faculty members.
- Participate in Program and University committees.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three (3) professional references to [email protected].