Posting Number: req559
9 Month Full-Time
Faculty Tenure Track
Pocatello – Main
1. Teach, research, and serve within special education and the Educator Preparation Program
2. Advise, recruit, and participate in student related activities and college support functions
1. Teach special education courses in the Educator Preparation Program in the College of Education, using a variety of instructional modalities, including distance learning technologies (50%)
2. Travel to distance learning sites to teach, monitor practicum students, recruit and advise students (10%)
3. Contribute to the knowledge base in the field through publication and presentation of original research and submission of grant and contract proposals at a level consistent with departmental, college, and university goals (30%)
4. Participate in unit governance and demonstrate leadership skills through service activities (10%)
5. Work collaboratively with colleagues and constituents to promote and enhance the profile and reputation of the ISU College of Education.
1. Doctorate in Special Education or closely related field (will consider ABD if degree is complete prior to employment).
2. Strong written and verbal skills.
3. A record of scholarly activity (including publications and/or grant work) that is commensurate with appointment and rank sought.
1. Record of grant and publication submissions
2. Advise undergraduate students and guide student research projects
3. Teaching experience in higher education courses aligned to assessment in special education or low incidence disabilities
4. Teaching experience P-12 or equivalent
5. Teaching experience in an online environment
6. Completion of coursework or experience working with Deaf & Hard of Hearing students
7. Content-area certification (e.g., math, science, social studies)
8. Experience in Universal Design for Learning and Danielson’s Framework for Teaching
How to apply
Apply online at https://isu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=559
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Cover letter, curriculum vitae, and list of three professional references with contact information.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by December 1, 2017. However, the position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.