Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) is currently seeking an Associate Dean of Academic Programs for its on-campus College of Engineering, Technology and Aeronautics (CETA) programs. As a newly established college on SNHUs main campus, CETA strives to create an environment that fosters and supports students from diverse backgrounds and interests through its rigorous career-focused programs. CETA faculty and staff thrive on working with students and colleagues to model, service, create, design, and have fun while learning!
The Associate Dean of Academic Program will be responsible for middle/high school outreach, industry partnerships and agreements, micro-credentialing and new program development, academic policies, as well as supporting programmatic accreditation.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
* Oversee the development and implementation of new academic programs while collaborating with our campus, our online, and our competency-based programs and supports
* Oversee academic outreach to middle/high schools, community colleges and business partners to develop articulation agreements and partnerships to create an effective student pipeline and academic pathway leading to future growth
* In conjunction with department chair, faculty and partners, develop new curriculum, syllabi, and course sequencing for new programs and micro-credentialing
* Partner with Assistant Dean of Academic Operation to implement and operationalize new program
* In cooperation with Academic Quality, Accreditation, and Support (AQAS), develop an assessment process and implementation of continuous evaluation procedures for ABET and other program accreditations
* Assist the Dean with oversight of educational research projects/grant/fund applications and joint initiatives with other schools within the University
* Advise and work closely with the Dean and other members of CETA academic administration on budget management
* Assist the Dean in the evaluation of full-time faculty and adjuncts which may include, but is not limited to, classroom observations and review of student evaluations
* Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and coordinating quality standards for CETA as they relate to academic and administrative assessment practices
* Enforce existing academic policies and propose new academic policies to the Dean as needed
* Participate as a member of CETA Leadership Team and Strategic Planning Team to implement the CETA strategic plan
* Responsible for final content of CETA catalogs
* Represent CETA on relevant matters on behalf of the Dean
* Participate in University functions and service on standing and ad hoc committees
* Doctorate in engineering or computer science, or other closely related discipline from an accredited college or university is strongly preferred; masters in engineering or computer science degree, or other closely related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
* A minimum of 5 years’ related experience with faculty governance and academic administration/leadership matters within a college or university
* Minimum 5 years teaching experience as full-time faculty member at an accredited college or university in a field/discipline represented within CETA
Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We’re proud to have been recognized for 11 consecutive years as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We’re constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!