NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Brandeis University seeks to hire an Associate Director, Marketing and Communications to serve as the marketing and communications strategist for the Admissions office. This position plays a critical role in the creation and execution of a comprehensive communication plan to support the enrollment goals of the University. The Associate Director plays a lead role in the creation and development of all print publications, electronic marketing, and all communication content streams to our constituents, including search leads, prospective students, applicants, parents, and school counselors. This position serves as a member of the senior management team within Admissions, and regularly represents the office in liaising with the central communications office on priority enterprise-wide initiatives, as well as with external vendors and firms. He/she will also serve as a member of the admissions counseling team, rotating as the counselor on duty delivering presentations to prospective students and their families, as well as representing the University at local-area college fairs and other recruitment events.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as chief strategist for all enrollment marketing and communications efforts, providing regular recommendations for marketing initiatives, communication channels for multiple audiences, and vendor relationships. Develop and execute all facets of a marketing and communications plan that adheres to institutional brand standards on behalf of the Admissions Office. Consistently evaluate and implement process improvement strategies, working to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of all marketing initiatives for the division. Serve as a key strategic partner to the central Office of Communications and colleagues from other institutional units on the planning, implementation and execution of university-wide marketing initiatives as part of a coordinated “One Brandeis” framework.
- Oversee the creation of all print publications, video, and web content projects for the Admissions Office. Collaborate with in-house communications team and outside designers, writers, and printers to develop meaningful materials that effectively engage audiences and consistently reflect institutional identity. Manage budgeting and monitor expenditures for all print publications, including design and postage, and regularly report out at monthly division-wide budget meetings.
- Serve as the lead trainer and adviser on matters related to marketing and communication standards for the office, particularly in relation to the Slate CRM. Provide project management supervision and support to all members of the Admissions team. Collaborate closely with recruitment team, data analytics team, and operations team to ensure all marketing and communications efforts align cohesively and effectively in line with both University and division-wide initiatives and standards.
- In rotation with other members of the recruitment team, serve as Counselor on Duty, delivering information sessions to prospective students and their families visiting the University. Attend weekend open house programming and spring yield programming on campus. Represent the University at local college fairs and events as needed.
- Supervise part-time, student marketing assistant(s), overseeing the recruitment, hiring, training, and daily management of students who will support marketing and communications efforts for the division.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience working in enrollment management.
- Experience as a super user of Slate CRM strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge of marketing standards and best practices, both generally and specifically as it relates to enrollment marketing.
- Superior organizational skills and problem solving ability.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Excellent written, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Detail oriented.