Position Number: 18446 (Faculty)
Location: College of Pharmacy/Institute of Public Health
Deadline Date: 3/31/2018
Description: The IPH currently has one (1) full-time twelve (12) month state-funded tenure track faculty position for a biostatistician. This position would develop and teach online and face-to-face courses in biostatistics at the MPH and DrPH levels. Current course offerings include introduction to biostatistics, regression analysis, categorical data analysis, clinical trials, advanced statistical methods, meta-analysis, and survival analysis. The incumbent will advise masters and doctoral students. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to conduct independent and collaborative research, establish an extramurally funded research program, and commit to teaching a diverse student body.
- Earned Doctoral Degree in Biostatistics or Statistic;
- Ability to develop and secure extramural funding;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- A desire to teach in a dynamic and growing public health program;
- Ability to work in a collaborative research environment; and
- Knowledge of statistical software (examples: SAS, SPSS, STATA, R, Python).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to publish in refereed journals and garner extramural funding;
- Ability to work with a diverse student population;
- Excellent computer skills; and
- Ability to communicate complex mathematical and statistical concepts
How to apply
Note: The application deadline is March 31, 2018. The application review process will begin in April 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. The earliest anticipated start date is June 1, 2018. For more information, please contact the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Charlotte Baker,
and put Biostatistics in the subject line.
Note: Applicant should submit the following: (1) Cover letter that explains suitability for position; (2) University electronic employment application (go to
http://www.famu.edu/index.cfm?hr&Employment; (1) Current curriculum vitae; (2) Names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three (3) professional references; and (4) Unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.