Posting Number: F2018-045
Department: School of Music
This is a full-time, nine-month, one academic year, faculty position responsible for contributing significantly to Stephen F. Austin State University’s undergraduate and/or graduate programs through teaching, scholarship/creative accomplishment and service. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the Director of the School of Music.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs an equivalent of 24 teaching load credits of work during the regular academic year; reduction of teaching load through reassignment of duties is possible under certain circumstances.
- Engages in research/scholarly/creative and service activities at levels that are appropriate to faculty rank and departmental tenure/merit criteria.
- Provides services to the university and the profession.
- May conduct supplemental instructional activities such as independent studies, internships, advising and thesis/dissertation supervision.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- May supervise the work of student and/or graduate assistants.
- May serve on departmental, college and university committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Extensive knowledge in the field in which the individual will be teaching.
- Ability to effectively teach undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- AAbility to conduct research and/or commitment to production of scholarly/creative accomplishments and service.
- Ability to work within a collaborative faculty environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with students.
Master’s degree required.
Required Experience and Training:
Practical experience sufficient to teach at a university level, through teaching or profession, is required. Experience teaching at a university level is preferred.
How to apply
Candidates must apply online through the University’s Department of Human Resources (https://careers.sfasu.edu/).
Documents to be submitted with your application (on-line): letter of application, current vitae, list of references, link(s) to videos of the candidate conducting an orchestra. Official transcripts should be submitted under “Transcripts”.