The Director of Intensive English Language will provide curriculum/programmatic development and administrative leadership, including oversight of the budget, personnel, vision, guidance and goal setting, for the Intensive English Program (IEP). The Director will supervise Instructors/ Curriculum Coordinators, will work closely with the TESOL director in the appropriate placement of TESOL students and volunteers, as well as oversee standardized testing (IELTS and TOEFL). The Director will consult with other university units on issues related to international undergraduate and graduate student recruitment and support.
This position reports to the Dean of the Petree College of Arts and Sciences.
A master’s degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or a closely related field is required.
A minimum of five years’ of directly related academic experience, curriculum and assessment development is required.
A suitable combination of education and experience may be substituted for minimum qualifications.
· Demonstrate an attitude and behaviors that reflect the mission and values of the college and the university.
· Program Administration Responsibilities include:
o Develop and implement the mission, vision, organizational structure and strategic goals of the program consistent within the overall goals and programs of the Petree College of Arts and Sciences and Oklahoma City University.
o Ensure the overall integrity of program mission and philosophy, quality of curriculum and instruction, via continual assessment of effectiveness of IEP materials, programs, and student services.
o In consultation with staff, develop short and long-range plans for programs, curriculum, student orientation and revenue generation.
o Teach within the IEP program and if credentialed, within the TESOL program.
o Oversee staff and student volunteers; responsible for instructor hiring, orientation, scheduling, and professional development, including promotion, as appropriate. Conduct performance reviews for full-time professional staff and faculty.
o Complete all CEA and other professional reports and accreditation as required.
o Actively support the College’s and University’s affirmative action, equal opportunity and diversity initiatives.
· Budget Responsibilities include:
o In collaboration with the A&S Dean, plan and prepare an annual budget. Provide year-end analysis.
o Monitor day to day budget activity in coordination with A&S budget management practices, policies, and procedures.
o Seek and coordinate additional funding opportunities to support and expand programming with a particular focus on externally funded grants, projects, and partnerships.
· Engagement & Networking Responsibilities include:
o Develop and implement an IEP Marketing and Recruitment plan.
o Develop community partnerships for programming opportunities.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated administrative and supervisory potential, experience working within a university
· setting, and an in-depth understanding of higher education culture.
· Significant experience with CEA accreditation policies/procedures, application and report submission
· Knowledge of budgetary planning and personnel management
· Facility with current technologies for academic delivery and student management systems.
· International experience and demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism.
· Demonstrated ability to build, maintain and strengthen organizational capacity.
· Strategic planning, project management and program assessment.
· Strong interpersonal, public relations and communication skills.
· Competency in or advanced study of at least one language other than English.
· Experience in computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple, diverse tasks, and to work with diverse groups of students and faculty
· Ability to travel locally and internationally for recruitment and partnership building (if/as necessary)