Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Theology. For those with a passion for ministry and helping others through Christ, the College of Theology offers bachelor and master’s degrees in Christian Studies. Specializations include Youth Ministry, Pastoral Ministry, Biblical Studies and Christian Leadership.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Theology is seeking applicants for a full-time Worship Arts Coordinator which is considered a 12 month faculty contract to begin in the fall of 2018. This position provides vital leadership and oversight within the College of Theology’s undergraduate worship arts programs in support of the Dean and Associate Dean, in coordination with various stakeholders in the Center for Worship Arts, and in collaboration with faculty. The Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the development and growth of the worship arts programs by coordinating various aspects and activities related to the worship arts curriculum and co-curriculum. This role is primarily administrative but entails a teaching load related to worship arts.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Works collaboratively with the leadership of the College of Theology, the College of Fine Arts and Production, and designees within both colleges on to coordinate various aspects and activities related to a worship arts curriculum and co-curriculum.
- Provides leadership for Worship Summit by leading one section each semester, coordinating with instructors teaching other sections, and inviting guest speakers who contribute to student understanding, formation, and skill development.
- Coordinates end-of-semester Worship Showcase events.
- Reviews student auditions prior to admission into a Worship Arts program.
- Provides support for instructors within the Worship Arts programs who teach under the auspices of the College of Theology as well as the College of Fine Arts and Production.
- Assists in developing a rigorous and theologically sound Worship Arts curriculum that attains to artistic excellence and Christ-honoring creativity.
- Develops relationships with external stakeholders for the sake of expanding internship opportunities for students in local churches and other Christian organizations.
- Supports students as they seek and attempt to secure internship and ministry positions in coordination with the Office of Field Experience and the Career IMPACT Team.
- Cultivates a vibrant worship arts community on campus.
- Provides artistic direction for annual Canyon Worship production projects and coordinates promotional activities and initiatives related to the album.
- Coordinates various aspects and activities related to a worship arts curriculum and co-curriculum in partnership with other leaders in the University.
- Teaches relevant subjects in the field of expertise to undergraduate students related to worship arts.
- Manages portions of the budget related to areas of responsibility.
- Assists students in achieving course objectives and learning outcomes.
- Actively participates in department, college and university committees.
- Engages in other administrative tasks as necessary, including preparation of reports.
- PhD or DMin from an accredited institution in the area of systematic theology, pastoral theology, or ministry.
- Significant worship leadership experience and exceptional communication skills.
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Significant involvement with a local church are highly valued.
- All faculty in GCU’s College of Theology are required to sign and teach in accordance with the university’s Doctrinal Statement and the College of Theology Covenant.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can’t find a position that’s right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
How to apply
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered – anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.