Illinois State University, School of Theatre and Dance, seeks an Instructional Assistant Professor to teach in the dance area. Courses include Modern/Contemporary, Ballet, and/or Jazz Technique at multiple levels. In addition to two of the following: Dance History, Rhythmic Fundamentals, Dance Kinesiology, Improvisation, and/or Dance Composition. This position will also choreograph for the Fall and Spring Dance Concerts, assisting the Artistic Director with the facilitation of the concerts.
This position is represented by the Illinois State University Education Association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. M.F.A. in Dance
2. Minimum of one year of dance teaching experience
3. Choreographic experience
4. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
5. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Professional credits as a dancer and/or choreographer
2. Three years of teaching experience at the university level
How to apply
To ensure full consideration, please complete the faculty employment application and attach the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Teaching philosophy
- Video of choreographic or performance work (please submit a link under “Other”)
Review of application materials will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Proposed Start Date: 08/16/2018
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience