The Technology Department is seeking an instructional assistant professor to teach courses in Construction Management starting August 16, 2018. This is a nine-month (August 16th ? May 15th) non-tenure track position. Primary teaching assignments include hands-on courses in one or more of the following areas: mechanical and electrical systems in buildings, field engineering (surveying), construction project management, residential development, and sustainable buildings. The chosen candidate will be expected to advise students in the Construction Management Student Association, advise students at regional and/or national competitions, participate in program curriculum development initiatives, participate in departmental meetings, activities, and events, and perform miscellaneous lab maintenance and improvement activities.
This position is represented by the Illinois State University Education Association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. Earned Master’s degree in Industrial Technology, Construction Management, Engineering, or related area.
2. Ability to teach courses in mechanical and electrical systems and field engineering.
3. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
4. If this position is Security S3ensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University possibly, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Academic preparation and work experience in construction management, mechanical and electrical systems, and field engineering.
2. Additional experience in one of the following areas is desirable: project management, residential development, sustainability, soils and foundations, or construction equipment management.
How to apply
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
To assure full consideration, please complete a faculty employment application. Please attach separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. to attach to the application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Proposed Start Date: 08/16/2018
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications