Job no: 503974
About This Role:
The Department of Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies seeks applicants to teach sections of GWSS 105: Introduction to Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies during the 2018-19 academic year. This course counts as an elective for GWSS majors and minors, and toward the US Multicultural Overlay in the College of Arts and Sciences. Available sections include one fall and one spring online-format section; one fall and one spring 8-week evening college section; and pending available funding, a daytime section in fall and spring.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Master’s Degree in Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies or a related field. Students currently enrolled in the Graduate Certificate Program in Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies, or a master’s and doctoral program are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate must evidence a pedagogical commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to apply
To apply, please submit (as a single pdf upload):
- A letter of interest that outlines your background in Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies and that indicates which sections in which you are interested.
Fall – TU 9:30-10:45 (pending budgetary approval)
Online – TU 5:30-8:20 (8-week session 10/11/18-12/6/2018)
Spring – TU 11:30-12:45 (pending budgetary approval)
Online – either MW or TU 5:30:8:20 (8 week-evening session)
- A vita or resume, including names and contact information for three references.
- A statement of teaching philosophy.
- Student evaluations of your teaching, if available.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement :
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.