Posting Number F0622P
Position Type Faculty
Department Theatre & Dance – Troy
Division College of Communication and Fine Arts
Location Troy – T01
If Faculty position
Is this position tenure track or non-tenure track?
Dependent on selected rank
The Lecturer/Assistant Professor position in Theatre & Dance is responsible for teaching all four levels of Modern/Contemporary Techniques with emphasis on Horton and Limon, African-Diaspora, somatics, anatomy and alignment, dance composition, improvisation, dance and technology, and partnering; mentoring students; choreography; and possibly teaching all four levels of ballet, non-major ballet, orientation to dance, jazz, tap, musical theatre, dance history I and II, and pedagogy.
1. Master’s degree in Dance or a Dance related field with 18 hours of graduate study in Dance, OR
2. BA or BFA degree in Dance with commensurate professional experience
3. Demonstrated teaching skills
4. Dedication to education, passionate about teaching and values professional relationships with students
5. Commitment to building and growing a successful program that meets the needs of today’s professional dancer
6. Ability to develop practical, innovative teaching strategies designed to challenge and inspire the major
7. Ability to appreciate and respect all dance styles and techniques
8. Ability to collaborate with students, CCFA faculty, and university administration
9. Ability to make strong contributions to the continued development of the BFA in Dance
1. MFA degree in Dance or a Dance related field
2. Successful teaching experience in higher education
3. Professional dance performance and/or choreography experience
Will this position require driving (personal vehicle, university vehicle, utility vehicle, or golf cart) in order to perform the job duties?
Driving may be necessary but is not a primary responsibility
To be determined
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position
High level of physical activity due to teaching demands in Dance
Academic Term Position Will Begin
How to apply
Qualified applications will be made available to the department/committee for review immediately upon submission. We ask that you provide email addresses for your reference providers and please be certain that the email addresses you list are accurate. If you are selected as a candidate for consideration by the department/committee, an instructional email will be sent to your reference providers to ask that they submit a reference letter on your behalf via a link to our reference portal. Separate reference letters will be requested for each position to which you apply (if applicable), so your reference providers will be contacted separately for each application on which you list them. Reference letters will not be copied from one application to another. You can assure your reference providers that our system is secure and that all letters are confidential. If your reference providers have trouble using the reference portal, please advise them to contact email@example.com.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants may be asked to provide an online link to portfolio of creative works, rehearsal process, and studio teaching (this can be attached as an Other Document).
Applicants selected for interview should be prepared to give class in the applicable genre.
Work Status: Full-Time
Does this position have supervisory responsibility?: No
Open Until Filled: Yes