Two Full-time, Permanent, 9-Month, Non-Tenure Track Positions to mentor students and teach diverse chemistry lecture/laboratory curricula at the undergraduate level. One position with organic chemistry expertise. One position is open to any area of chemistry including science education. Hiring is open until filled and contingent upon funding.
General Duties & Responsibilities
General Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Teach diverse chemistry lecture and laboratory curricula at the undergraduate level, including: area of expertise, general chemistry and organic chemistry.
2. Advise and mentor students.
3. Work effectively as a member of the Department of Physical Science.
4. Serve on department, college, and university committees.
5. Other assignments as determined by department chair and dean.
1. Masters degree in Chemistry from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation is required. Demonstrated teaching effectiveness. Must demonstrate the potential, or have a record of achievement in teaching both upper and lower division Chemistry courses and in scholarship. ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by August 7, 2018.
2. Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with colleagues in an undergraduate academic setting.
3. Must have ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for Southern Utah University visa sponsorship.
Ph.D. in chemistry with demonstrated expertise in organic chemistry, interest in science education and an ability to maintain and help repair instrumentation.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Months/year: 9-month contract
Tenure/Non-Tenure Track: Non-Tenure Track
Salary or Salary Range: $44,400
Posting Number: F1600141
First Consideration Date: 06/10/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
How to apply
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.