St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must possess:
- A Ph.D. in Communication Studies or a closely related discipline
- Experience in diverse theoretical and methodological orientations and must be able to teach a broad range of courses in Communication Studies
- A sound record of teaching and supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students in Communication Studies
- A well-defined research agenda and publication profile or evidence of strong research potential
Candidates with expertise and research interest in one or more of the following areas will be at a distinct advantage:
- Mass Communication
- Contemporary Media and Communication, and/or Media and Developmental Communication, particularly in the Caribbean and the global south
- Quantitative and/or Mixed Research Methods
- Areas in critical cultural studies such as race, gender, and/or disability communication theory
Experience in, or openness to, interdisciplinary approaches is highly desirable
- Teaching and researching in the area of Communications and Mass Communications
- Supervising of graduate research in Human Communications
The Department places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment.
Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also be willing to work collaboratively towards common goals.
How to apply
Detailed application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. via e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms may be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu in the Faculty & Staff, Staff Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package may also be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University. Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.