The Department of English Literature at the University of Reading is looking to appoint two part-time lecturers in creative writing. The successful candidates will contribute to teaching at all levels of the curriculum, and particularly to the teaching of fiction, and/or writing for stage and screen. These permanent, 0.5 posts will involve other aspects of academic employment, including examining, administration, cultural outreach and impact activity. The Department is an expanding and dynamic team, with a strong track record, and ambitious goals for our teaching, research, and outreach.
You will have:
- A track record as a successful creative writer
- Appropriate higher educational qualifications
- Experience of teaching at university level in the relevant areas
- Collaborative skills, and a willingness to work as part of a team
- The willingness and ability to contribute to outreach and recruitment activities
Informal contact details
Contact role: Head of Department
Contact name: Peter Stoneley
Contact phone: 0118 378 5095
Contact email: email@example.com
How to apply
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 06/11/2017
The University is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce, is a Stonewall Diversity and Global Diversity Champion, and supports the principles of the Race Equality Charter and Athena SWAN. Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.