(Recruitment No. 18-001094)
Washburn University invites applications for the position of Lecturer in Kinesiology/Exercise Science to begin August 2019. This is a full time, 9-month, non-tenure track position. Successful candidate will be committed to providing quality undergraduate education.
· Master’s Degree in Kinesiology or in a related field.
· Strong background in Biomechanics and Physiology of Exercise.
· Background in Fitness Testing, Exercise Prescription and Anatomical Kinesiology.
· Demonstrated successful teaching at the college/university level.
· Ability to teach Sports Nutrition, Wellness Concepts and/or Current Literature in Kinesiology.
· Supervision of an Exercise Science lab.
· ACSM, NSCA or related certification.
· Evidence of discipline-related scholarly/creative activity.
· Evidence of discipline-related service to the profession.
· Teach semester course load of 12 credit hours as assigned by the Department Chair.
· Supervision of the Exercise Science Lab
· Advise and mentor kinesiology students.
· Maintain regular office hours and participate in departmental governance.
· Arrange and supervise internship placements.
· Develop and maintain scholarship appropriate to rank.
· Perform teaching-related department, university and community service.
How to apply
Application review will begin February 1, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Application materials may be submitted online or via U.S. Postal Service. If submitting application materials via the USPS, send a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. student course evaluations), copies of transcripts for all academic work, and contact information for four professional references to: Kinesiology Search Committee, Kinesiology Department, Washburn University, 1700 SW College Ave, Topeka, KS 66621 (please do not send additional materials until requested). If submitting application materials electronically, please send all materials described above as a single PDF file to: email@example.com and use “Exercise Science” in the subject line. Questions may be sent to Dr. Park Lockwood, Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be required to provide official transcripts and submit to a background check prior to hire.
Washburn is an EOE and dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.