NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Johns Hopkins University School of Education invites applicants for the positions of Lecturer (Lead Clinical Faculty for Math).
Through this partnership with the Johns Hopkins University School of Education, Urban Teachers offers a four-year teacher preparation program that results in the conferral of a Master’s of Science in Education degree with dual certification in a content area. The mission of Urban Teachers is to prepare highly effective teachers who significantly accelerate student achievement in the nation’s highest-need schools by recruiting outstanding candidates, equipping them with state-of-the-art training, and linking their certification to their demonstration of effective teaching practices and skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
Lead Clinical Faculty serve two main functions. First, they support an evidence-based field experience model of teacher preparation through mentoring, monitoring, and evaluating Clinical Faculty. Second, they are a core part of the site team and serve as the liaison between their content-area faculty, the Director of Clinical Faculty, and the Site Director.
Specific detailed responsibilities Include:
- Supervise, coach, and evaluate discipline-specific clinical instructional faculty via observation and feedback on teaching.
- Supervise, coach, and evaluate coaching staff.
- Meet with Clinical Faculty every other week to discuss participant issues and content (either teaching content or coaching content). Debrief how week is going in terms of time, participants’ progress, and learning goals.
- Coach and support clinical faculty including conducting independent observations, using established observation guidelines and frequency.
- Maintain observation and mentoring log for each clinical faculty member and monitor progress individually and collectively. Review this data with program leadership.
- In collaboration with others, design supports and professional development based on clinical faculty needs.
- Complete final evaluation of each faculty member at end of semester or school year and provide input with respect to contract renewal.
- Lead professional development for program participants and/or develop Clinical Faculty to lead professional development for program participants.
- Coordinate planning of Summer A and Summer B programs with program leadership.
- Coordinate staffing of school year with program leadership and build coursework schedule.
- Review performance of program participants following internal protocols
- Participant in meetings and professional development
- Perform duties as needed (teaching, coaching).
- Work with national Curriculum and Professional Development team.
A graduate degree (M.A. or higher) related to education; experience in urban public education as a teacher; at least three years of experience as a staff developer, and/or administrator; extensive knowledge of the content and pedagogical content knowledge in the relevant discipline; talents in group facilitation and mentoring; experience with problem-solving programs/internship programs; ability to work as a member of a high-functioning team.
How to apply
Applicants must provide a letter of interest, outlining prior experience related to professional development, working with prospective teachers, or other work related to K-12 education; current CV, including educational background and certification status, and three professional academic references. To apply submit requested application materials to: Lecturer/Lead Clinical Faculty (Washington DC, Math Specialization) http://apply.interfolio.com/61277
Please contact Jacqueline Clements, Sr. Human Resources Coordinator, at [email protected], with any questions regarding the application process.
Johns Hopkins University is an EO/AA employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community. Smoke free/drug free environment.