Full-Time or Part-Time Status:
Full-Time, 12 months
If temporary, please provide a start and end date:
August 16th 2017 – August 15th 2018
Staff Job Type:
Position Summary or Faculty Qualifications
Within a work environment characterized by collegiality and a deep commitment to professional development, the post -doctoral fellow primarily provides time-effective individual counseling, crisis intervention, risk assessment and consultation services to undergraduate and graduate students. Consultation service is also routinely provided to parents, faculty and staff.
Opportunities to provide group therapy and outreach programming (in person or via electronic media) to students are also available. Supervision is provided by a licensed staff psychologist for two hours per week.
Assisting in the supervision of pre-doctoral trainees is a highly valued part of the experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual, group counseling and crisis intervention service.
- Provide consultation to students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Maintain accurate record-keeping of all clinical work including intake, progress and termination notes utilizing automated record-keeping system.
- Receive two hours of supervision/week from a licensed psychologist.
- Provide on-call 24 hour evening and weekend coverage on a rotating basis.
- Provide consultation and risk assessment in the walk-in office one day/week.
- Develop and implement primary prevention and outreach programs and/or guest lecture on psycho-educational topics.
- Participate in professional training and on-site seminars, including presenting case studies for group discussion and supervision.
- Participate in group supervision of pre-doctoral trainees.
- Attend weekly clinical and business staff meetings.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Night/weekend call on rotating basis
- Must be able to sit for long periods
- Must have adequate speech and hearing
- All work for Ph.D. or Psy.D. must be successfully completed before start date of employment.
- Experience working with a college student population
- Successful background check clearance under Saint Joseph’s University’s “Minors on Campus Policy” (PA Criminal Records Check, FBI Fingerprinting Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance Check)
Experience with crisis intervention
Experience as a pre-doctoral supervised trainee within a college counseling center
How to apply
Saint Joseph’s acknowledges the dignity of the individual and commits itself to promoting awareness of and sensitivity to human differences. We recognize that the contributions made by diverse groups serve to benefit the personal, academic, and professional growth of all members of the community.