There has never been a more exciting time to be part of Sport and Exercise Sciences at Durham. With an outstanding reputation for pedagogy with innovative social-facing research, we are embarking on an ambitious programme of investment in estates and staff. As Professor / Chair, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our future success. As well as providing exceptional teaching, supervising dissertations and taking the lead on curriculum changes, you will develop world leading research with a range of theoretical, conceptual and methodological approaches. Here, you will enjoy such advantages as dedicated research time and funding support.
- A good first-degree, complemented by a PhD in Sport and Exercise Sciences or a related subject.
- A track record of producing world-class research, including a research plan which supports and enhances the activities of the department.
- A proven ability to lead research groups and networks beyond institutional boundaries, and to mentor early career researchers.
- Significant experience of developing PhD programmes or groups, and of successfully recruiting and supervising PhD students.
- Ideas to develop successful research project proposals, with the scope to secure funding or generate income and potential to make a far-reaching impact.
- Experience of leading and delivering high-quality and distinctive teaching across lectures and smaller study groups, with HEA (or equivalent) status.
- Confident leadership and communication skills, with the willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Closing date 01 November 2017 midday
Grade and Salary: Grade 10 Competitive salary based on our professorial Pay Scales (starting at £61,179 and going considerably higher based on experience)